GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Super Smash Bros Melee"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Smash Bros Melee'.
Sun 06/04/03 at 15:49
Regular
Yes, I know this game is quite old, And most of you people on this forum will of played this ages ago and moved onto your Metroid Prime's and what not, But I purchased this game yesturday, priced at £18.99 :D

And its pretty good, Quite frantic and fast paced, But good fun all around I guess. I'd just like to ask a few questions, as i'm interested.

Whos your favorite character to use?

Mines gotta be Kirby or Pikachu at the moment. Mainly Kirby because you can swallow enemys and use there powers! Kirbys a chubby little mucker aswell, But hes cool.

Whats your highest score on Home run?

Mines 32m. How crap.

Whats your overall opinion of the game?

Cheers.
Tue 08/04/03 at 19:46
Regular
Tony_Blair wrote:
> and we humnas do not have the capacity to learn from this?

Yes we do, but it doesnt stop some players from repeating the same thing over and over and tha means they never become any good, so then you dont have many good opponents to play against.

Which i think all your must be like that, because for some reason you think your gods gift at this game.
Tue 08/04/03 at 18:10
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
it is possible with the bat and drop combo can get beyond the actual ground if you can do it right
Mon 07/04/03 at 22:03
Regular
Disaster Master wrote:
> my best characters are captain falcon, luigi (and ganondorf
> sometimes)
>
> the best score if reached in the home run contest was like 1300meters
> with roy.

You surely mean 1300 feet don't you?
Mon 07/04/03 at 20:53
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
and we humnas do not have the capacity to learn from this? But hey if your stuck against a wall then yyeah you are kinda buggered
Mon 07/04/03 at 20:18
Regular
Yeah but that doesnt make a diffrence, the person doing the move cant be damamged caus others cant get close, so they keep doing it, it could be 1% each hit but eventually the opponent would reach over 100%.
Mon 07/04/03 at 20:07
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
well as a matter of fact after oyou repeat a move so many time the damage for it goes down
Mon 07/04/03 at 19:57
Regular
Oh that up and B move, like whitestripes said, easy to avoid, its when they start using pikachu and just do the thunder attack, boring.

Luckly many moves cant be done over and over effectivly and theres some way of countering it. Still should make it that if you use the same more over a certian amount ur put straight to 100% or something.
Mon 07/04/03 at 19:51
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
no duh but it is jst lame when people think they can dominate using that one move!
Mon 07/04/03 at 19:50
Regular
Strange, i really hated this game when i first got it.

Best thing to do in home run is ganondorf,pick up the bat, walk to the bag up and A, then jump down and A (hitting it back down), then do it once more, then hit it with the bat as far away as possible and should get you paper mario.

I found that as ai started to enjoy the game i found myself being repetitive and just doing each level with a diffrent player.

Like someone said (sorry im not sure about everyones names yet) it has a good mulitplayer, and thats what keeps the games alive. Without mates its good if u have a few minutes to spare, and then when mates come over youll spend hours playing without realising.

Great game, but if theres a sequel get the one player sorted out, and also sonic and tails would be good fighters, hint hint nintendo and saga :| ;)
Mon 07/04/03 at 19:31
Regular
That's easy to avoid.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.