GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Super Smash Bros Melee"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Smash Bros Melee'.
Sun 06/04/03 at 15:49
Regular
Yes, I know this game is quite old, And most of you people on this forum will of played this ages ago and moved onto your Metroid Prime's and what not, But I purchased this game yesturday, priced at £18.99 :D

And its pretty good, Quite frantic and fast paced, But good fun all around I guess. I'd just like to ask a few questions, as i'm interested.

Whos your favorite character to use?

Mines gotta be Kirby or Pikachu at the moment. Mainly Kirby because you can swallow enemys and use there powers! Kirbys a chubby little mucker aswell, But hes cool.

Whats your highest score on Home run?

Mines 32m. How crap.

Whats your overall opinion of the game?

Cheers.
Mon 14/04/03 at 18:45
Regular
Its addictive aswell.

Worringly addictive.
Mon 14/04/03 at 18:39
Regular
"past,present&future"
SSBM is really quite spectacular.

A lot of people criticise the 1player game but I don't see why, as a one player game it's surely up there with any beat 'em up.

And yet it's so much more, anyone can play, no matter what their skill level and still have fun.

People ask about Fave characters, on many Beat 'em ups, there are only 2 or 3 that are any fun to use. The fact that people are naming pretty much any character as a favourite is testament to the supreme quality.

I really think every GC should've been packaged with it from launch.

It's a great game, no matter how seriously you want to play it.

V,
Sat 12/04/03 at 16:29
"The Will of D."
Tony_Blair wrote:
> stupid coms they run into the mines the whole time!

That's why I like to plant mines everywhere, if i can help it I can just hit the opponent straight into one tosend him flying out the arena.

One way to get more charcters is to play through the classic mode on any level with all of th original charcters then as you recieve Marth and others play with them, adventure mode only unlocks one charcter, Luigi. You have to run through the finish line of the first stage with at least a 2 in the seconds time, then you have to beat him and Peach to unlock him and then beat him again after the adventure modde is completed.

To get Falco beat the 100 man melee.
Thu 10/04/03 at 20:54
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
play through one played with all the characters that helps. plus the challenge modes.
====
stupid coms they run into the mines the whole time!
Thu 10/04/03 at 20:52
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Yeah I've got this game it's pretty cool, I use Link mostly, I don't play single player much, in fact I think I've only unlocked two secret players.

What sort of things do I need to do to unlock more. Just so I complete it faster.
Thu 10/04/03 at 19:26
"The Will of D."
I usually try to get quite a few smash moves in as well, especially when i have my favourite weapon i hand, the bat! I always manage to beat any opponent even a level 9 Com with at least using one or two bats, but I also use the proximity mines as well to even the playing field.

Also I usually throw the items into the opponents when they are trying to get back onto the arena usually causing them to fall, ha ha. But the more explosive the capsules the better.
Thu 10/04/03 at 19:21
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
That is good. Mix it up with L-cancelling to reduce Links lag and he should be a more formidable foe.
Wed 09/04/03 at 21:16
"The Will of D."
Well I use a range of attacks and weapons to take out opponents, and I stay way clear of an entire group of walking bombs, I only like to throw a single one once in a while. But I usually don't have bombs on my items list in Vs mode.

I think I'm a level 8 or even level 9 competitor at the game using Link, and I don't always use the spinning blade technique.
Wed 09/04/03 at 17:41
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
Rand wrote:
> Tony_Blair wrote:
> and we humnas do not have the capacity to learn from this?
>
> Yes we do, but it doesnt stop some players from repeating the same
> thing over and over and tha means they never become any good, so then
> you dont have many good opponents to play against.
>
> Which i think all your must be like that, because for some reason you
> think your gods gift at this game.

============

and you out to do something? Thing is im not gods gift at the game. I can think of 20 atm which are better than me. But i know im more knowledgeable on it than some people here. Other thing is that im sharing my knowledge and not starting a flame war. (see previous posts) Obvious you havent been looking. The internet is a hard place to sow how good you are at Smash so I dont see the need for posts like:
"I ROCKLOTS> u R aLl NEWBS at thiz gamz"
Im only here to give my understanding of the game, which you obviously much have misinterperated.
Tue 08/04/03 at 22:28
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
Super Smash Bros Melee is a great game when you learn most of the controls so then you have a good range of moves for all fights.
My favourite character in Super Smash Bros Melee has to be roy as his sword can be so powerful.
My best score in Home Run is 487m which was done be Dr Mario.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.