GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA EXTRA GAMEADAY CHAINEMAIL IN DEC2001"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/11/01 at 18:13
Regular
Right, sorry for the delay on judging this one but we've had a bit of a mad Christmas and New Year so it was for your own good. Not quite so many entries for this (to be honest, it was quite a tricky one) and a fair few of you missed the point entirely - the idea was to get people to join the club, not to get them to Gameaday!

Anyway, from the entries we did receive, Dr.Duck wins for his in-depth look at the logistics of the chain e-mail and The Game wins for his 'matey' writing style. Well done both of you! You can both choose a Game or DVD from our database up to the value of £25!

-----------------------------------------------------

It's time we got up to some mischief.

What we need is a Chain e-mail letter. One of those things which arrives at your address and then you forward it to thirty six of your mates and two weeks later a freebie arrives through your letterbox.

Imagine that for each new member who joins Special Reserve we have a couple of quid to pay for rewards.

THE ORIGINATOR send the e-mail to 10 friends.
The ten friends can either JOIN or PASS.
To PASS they must send the e-mail on to another 10 friends, but just as favour to the ORIGINATOR.

If they JOIN then they can become an ORIGINATOR and send off their own e-mail to 10 friends.

With luck one originator will get their message across to quite a lot of people - especially if the message is interesting or humorous enough for people to pass on.

For each person who joins, we send the originator a £2 voucher towards games and stuff.

(the above is just a simple first stab at this to suggest the possibilities)

This contest is two-fold.

You can win one EXTRA GAMEADAY if you can specify exactly the right way to go about this. Something very similar to the above, but well thought out. An idea which will work.

You can win one EXTRA GAMEADAY if you can write the e-mail for the scheme you outline, or for the scheme outlined above. The important things are to make people join and to be interesting enough to pass the e-mail on.

Competition closes in Mid December.

It's a bit complex to write out your answers and ideas in this thread quite carefully and we'll see who comes up with the best concepts and approaches to this.

Quite a challenge - I wonder if anybody will enter?
Fri 30/11/01 at 15:56
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
mine ain't that great but with a bit of a touch up could be.

also using same system tony came up with but with some weeny alterations.

See my previous post
Fri 30/11/01 at 22:50
Regular
Is it just me, or if it weren't for it being vouchers we're trading in, this would be the most obvious, blatant pyramid scam ever?
: )
Fri 30/11/01 at 23:18
Please send this out to EVERYONE you know. I did this last year and got about £20, for doing, basically nothing!

----

CLICK HERE! ----> www.ukchatforums.com/signup.php

----

Need some extra £££? Sure, everyone does.

This program is really very simple.

Attatched to this message is a tracking program (Or however SR manage to do this). Every person you send this message to (and they join Special Reserve), you earn £2.00.

So basically, the more people you send this to, the more £££ you will earn.

---

True Story from (Insert Member name here):

"Okay, I’m a member of Special Reserve and I thought to myself, Why don’t I make use of this great offer and make myself some easy cash!

So I sent this chain mail to loadsa mates, who then sent it to loadsa their mates and so on……….. Me and my mates ended up making some extra money which we all put together to have a great night out!”

---

SEND THIS EMAIL ON TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE AND YOU CAN MAKE SOME EXTRA QUID!

EASY!
Sun 02/12/01 at 15:03
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
The first person who starts off the chain e-mail starts a short story about Involving things such as special reserve, ddifferent video characters. This story starts off by promoting special reserve and the benifits you can get from it and how you can join up. The email is then passed on, and the people who reseve it add to the story by adding a line or two, then they pass on. In doing this there will be loads of 'different' stories being passed on, promoting special reserve.
Tue 04/12/01 at 16:21
"I hate that!!!"
Send this to all your friends and family.

You want to earn a quick quid or two dont ya, go on send this of, then you and your friends could be £2.00 richer.

Remember each time someone joins the chaine letter you'll be sent a snazzy £2.00,But you can't get rich if you don't get e-mailing.

So Go on Get E-Mailing
Tue 04/12/01 at 18:01
Regular
"*Plonk*"
Using persasive action:

This christmas, are you going around, wondering why you cant get other people christmas presents while thay are getting you one? Or are you wondering why you cant spend much on your self? Or are you spending too much on your pet/fake monkeys?

Well, now you too can earn more money. By simply forwarding this letter to lots of differnt people, you can be in line for a big return are a certain time. The more people that recieve and join the system, the more money you earn. Its that simple. So for doing nothing you can get mega bucks, especially if you have a lot of e-mail addresses.

So, do you know anyone in need of a christmas boost? Do you want to spend more on your moneys, or on your kids this christmas? In order to, forward this e-mail to as many people as possible.

Money, money, money
must be funny
in a rich mans world

By the way, doesnt DBZ rule?

JCSuperStar
Thu 06/12/01 at 12:05
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
No one really likes chain email. The thing your chainemail has to do is get someones attention.

Humour is always a good idea. If I read something and it's funny I may read it all the way to the end. If it's not funny and is trying to make me buy something I'd delete it straight away.

A friendly, funny approach would be a great way to get my attention.

-----
Subject: Hey mate. Thought you might be interested in this.. << the subject makes me think this person knows me so I read it. If it says "Save 50% on games" or soemthing like that I will delete it. If you fail to get someone inside the message it doesn't matter what it says inside the letter you will have failed before you started. If you know the customers name this would be even better.

Hey mate.
I heard you were into games. I found this cool site where you can WIN games and WIN DVDs. I couldn't believe it!

*(enthusiam is always good)*

Anyway I was surfing the web and found this site www.gameaday.co.uk. I wasn't sure about gameaday.co.uk at first as it looked a bit dodgy. But I went on the chat forums at "ukchatforums.com" and got talking to people who had won and it is so easy.

*(repeat gameaday.co.uk to drill it into the readers mind. Whenever I read an email I always think it's a catch or dodgy. Proof of what you are saying is vital. Invitation to ukchatforums is vital)*

Anyway I posted a few reviews, wrote a few discussions and after about 2 weeks I found my name on gameaday.co.uk/winners1.php. It was great! So I choose the game of my choice and it came under a week. A free game!

But thats not all. I was surfing the site and found some quite cheap games. Championship Manager 2001/2002 ONLY £21. Wolfenstein only £26. I got the games yesterday and they were great you should get them.

Just thought you would be interested. Catch you later mate. Tell your friends too I think they would like to know about this site.
Thu 06/12/01 at 12:07
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
No humour in that last one because I couldn't think of how to include it. I'd recommend it wherever possible though.
Thu 06/12/01 at 14:29
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Now THAT is comedy.
Thu 06/12/01 at 18:54
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
cheers mate I thought I'd go for a surrealist comedy style.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.