GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA EXTRA GAMEADAY CHAINEMAIL IN DEC2001"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/11/01 at 18:13
Regular
Right, sorry for the delay on judging this one but we've had a bit of a mad Christmas and New Year so it was for your own good. Not quite so many entries for this (to be honest, it was quite a tricky one) and a fair few of you missed the point entirely - the idea was to get people to join the club, not to get them to Gameaday!

Anyway, from the entries we did receive, Dr.Duck wins for his in-depth look at the logistics of the chain e-mail and The Game wins for his 'matey' writing style. Well done both of you! You can both choose a Game or DVD from our database up to the value of £25!

-----------------------------------------------------

It's time we got up to some mischief.

What we need is a Chain e-mail letter. One of those things which arrives at your address and then you forward it to thirty six of your mates and two weeks later a freebie arrives through your letterbox.

Imagine that for each new member who joins Special Reserve we have a couple of quid to pay for rewards.

THE ORIGINATOR send the e-mail to 10 friends.
The ten friends can either JOIN or PASS.
To PASS they must send the e-mail on to another 10 friends, but just as favour to the ORIGINATOR.

If they JOIN then they can become an ORIGINATOR and send off their own e-mail to 10 friends.

With luck one originator will get their message across to quite a lot of people - especially if the message is interesting or humorous enough for people to pass on.

For each person who joins, we send the originator a £2 voucher towards games and stuff.

(the above is just a simple first stab at this to suggest the possibilities)

This contest is two-fold.

You can win one EXTRA GAMEADAY if you can specify exactly the right way to go about this. Something very similar to the above, but well thought out. An idea which will work.

You can win one EXTRA GAMEADAY if you can write the e-mail for the scheme you outline, or for the scheme outlined above. The important things are to make people join and to be interesting enough to pass the e-mail on.

Competition closes in Mid December.

It's a bit complex to write out your answers and ideas in this thread quite carefully and we'll see who comes up with the best concepts and approaches to this.

Quite a challenge - I wonder if anybody will enter?
Wed 28/11/01 at 15:38
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
What,the "If you see Sid" ones?
Surely not.

Gimme Bob "Angry" Hoskins shouting "It's good to tawk" at strangers in the streets anyday.

Who would have thought Harold Shand from Long Good Friday would end up like that.
Wed 28/11/01 at 16:10
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Subject: Whats £7.50 between friends?

You have been selected to come and join the online community, Special Reserve. Special reserve is the home for the greatest games, movies, Pc's and pc equipment and online chat.

To join, simply forward this message on to 15 of your friends or anyone else that you think will feel at home, here at special reserve. once done, come to Ukgames.com, and find out the last bits of info you need.

membership costs a meer £7.50 per year. when you join you will receive the following:

A membership card
regular issues of the special reserve magazine/catoulouge
discounted prices
and a free gift

There is a free gift for everyone, if your a nintendo, playstation, microsoft or sega owner theres games and accesories for you, and there all free. Theres also something if you dont like games, and are just into movies and gadgets.here are just a few of the gifts on offer:

Top Drive Wheel (PS1, PS2)
DVD Remote Control (PS2)
Vertical Stand (PS2)
Official GBA Carry Case (GBA)
Pair 1 MB Mem Cards (PS1)
3D2 Dual Shock Controller (PS1)
Light & Shield (GBA)
Tomb Raider (PS1)
Inflatable Armchair (ORANGE)
WWF Warzone (PS1)
and so many more

so what are you waiting for? just forward this to 15 different people, then visit ukgames.com, and your a step away from gaming heaven.

The special reserve team
Wed 28/11/01 at 17:16
The System: after the message there are ten boxes with 'Enter ten E-mail addresses here:
and a button saying 'To Gaming Paridise!' underneath
Wed 28/11/01 at 17:27
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Subject:
I promise this is not a chain letter. Read.

Okay okay... I lied BUT DON'T GO! This could change your life (honest!). No I'm lying again.. sorry.

Okay I'll try and be honest with you the last person who didn't send this on to anyone became the worst computer games player ever. Before he got the letter he was great and would complete games within just 5 hours of getting them. He held the record for completing Max Payne in just 30 minutes! However when he got this chain letter he decided he was too good to send it on. You know what? After he didn't send it on he couldn't play games - he couldn't even complete the first level of Sonic on the Megadrive.

Then there was Half Life Harry who played Half Life day in and day out. He thought this chain letter was a load of rubbish and shortly after deleting the email his eyes fell out. Honest! Now he can't play games because he is blind! Oih.. don't delete this email yet! Hear me out mate I'm telling you an interesting story!

However Little Timmy, a poor little orphan who couldn't afford to spend outrageous amounts of money on computer games received this chain letter and instead of deleting it like everyone else he listened to it and checked out http://www.ukgames.com where he found some amazing video games at amazing prices. He also went on http://www.gameaday.co.uk and won competitions.

This chain letter saved little Timmy's life. Wait... don't delete yet. He had a great Christmas as he had all the decent computer games and consoles at affordable prices. Just think what good fortune reading this chain letter could bring to you! Just think!

Okay just wait a little bit longer before you press that delete button. What have you got to lose if you visit http://www.ukgames.com? See you can't give me an answer can you. Worth a quick browse isn't it? It can't exactly hurt you can it? Oih! Don't press that delete button! Remember the last people who did that? They suffered horrible consequences honest!

Check out Special Reserve's exclusive website at www.specialreserve.net and check out the latest games releases at www.ukgames.com. With prices below the RRP and free delivery and helpful staff you can't go wrong.

Oh and if you are thinking of pressing that delete button still please instead pass it on to your mates who might be a bit more cleverer then you. No don't go! Noooooooo!
Wed 28/11/01 at 21:17
Rakuga wrote:
> Subject:
I promise this is not a chain letter. Read.

>etc

what a load of rubbish
Thu 29/11/01 at 00:59
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I wonder how many more will mention "this poor little boy"

Damn Dirty Plagiarists.
Thu 29/11/01 at 08:50
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
"Young man,

There's no need to feel lame.
I said, young man, earn yourself some new fame.
I said, young man, 'cause you've bought a duff game
there's no need to be unhappy.

Young man, there's a place you can go.
I said, young man, when you're short on your dough.
you can stay there, and I'm sure you will find
many ways to have a good time.

it's fun to stay at the Speeeeeeecial Reserve.

they have peripherals for you men to enjoy,
you can even buy some new toys ...

you can browse throught the charts, you can write with your heart,
you can post whatever you feel ...

young man, are you listening to me?
I said, young man, what do you want to be?
I said, young man, you can make real your dreams.
but you got to know this one thing!

no man does gets his games all for free.
I said, young man, unless you win GADs like me,
and just go there, to the Special Reserve.
I'm sure they can help you today.

they have everything for you men to enjoy,
there's even tights in the WWF Forum for you boys ...

you can pick a new game, earn some notable fame,
you can do whatever you feel ...

young man, I was once in your shoes.
I said, I was down and out with the blues.
I felt no man cared if I were alive.
I felt the whole world was so tight ...

that's when someone sent an e-mail to me,
and said, young man, try this URL it's neat.
there's a place there called the Special Reserve
they can start you back on your way.

they have everything for you men to enjoy,
you can hang out with all the boys ...

Speeeeeeecial Reserve ... you'll find it at the Speeeeeeecial Reserve.

young man, young man, there's no need to feel down.
young man, young man, get yourself off the ground.

Speeeeeeeecial Reserve ... you'll find it at the Speeeeeeeecial Reserve.

young man, young man, there's no need to feel down.
young man, young man, get yourself off the ground.

Speeeeeeeecial Reserve ... just go to the Speeeeeeecial Reserve.

young man, young man, are you listening to me?
young man, young man, what do you wanna be?"
Thu 29/11/01 at 10:57
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Where did you find those lyrics, you didn't make 'em up did ya?
Fri 30/11/01 at 15:29
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I tend to get lots of e-mails of a similar idea except in most of the cases they don't actualy offer you much. But if you use an idea like this then maybe you could attract more members. Here is a draft of an e-mail that could be useful.

Dear Friend,
I have sent you this e-mail to notify you about a great mail order company that offer great prices for games, consoles, PC hardware and software and lots more cool stuff. Also if you sign up and inform them that I recomended you to the site then they will give me special rewards, and if you to sign up and e-mail people informing them of the site then you to will be rewarded for each new member you recomend it too.
If you don't believe me then go to
http://specialreserve.net/
Browse through the site and see for yourself then go to
http://serverpool.reserve.co.uk/common/membership/join.php
and sign up.

Hopefully you will find this site as useful as I did. If you do not wish to join please forward this e-mail to as many of your friends as you can. Not only is the site full of bargans and cheap prices but they run various competitions with the change for you to win the game or film of your choice everyday. Well worth the joining fee of £ x(depends on where you come live and how long you join for)

Thanks

Your Friend AliBoy

You would then have to have a field in the registering page that allows people to enter the e-mail of the person who recomended it to them. And maybe have a page on the site showing information about why to e-mail it to your friends, the rewards you can get and a table showing top point earners.

Also a points system which will show what rewards you get for the amount of people who sign up. I.E. For every mamber you recomend you get two points,
then have a table showing what your points get you
20 points = £10 off voucher to be used on-line
30 points = Free game of your choice
etc

** As an extra you could even run a competition where the person with the most points each 3 months wins a console of their choice, but the same person can only win this prize once. Also if the person also signs up at ukchatforums.com then if they win their first GAD you could give the person who recomended them to the site a free gift from your free gift range. Maybe you could also give them a discount on their joining fee (say £1 off) and include this in the e-mail.
Fri 30/11/01 at 15:54
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
Make £££ with this chain letter! Serious, no small print or anything! Just read on down. Make sure you read it all!

Win any game or DVD of your choice!

All you have to do is write an imformative/interesting/origional cheat, topic, review on

http://www.ukcheats.com
http://www.ukchatforums.com
http://www.ukreviews.com

Its so easy even i have won.

Just check out http://gameaday.co.uk/ and see how many times some people have won!

Interested? then read on....

Join special reserve! I have not yet found an internet site that supplies all the computer parts/games/dvds/gagets they do at an easily afordable price.

I just can't reakomend special reserve enough so why don't you help! You have 2 choices

Pass- delete it and get nothing.

OR...

Join- Join special reserve and forward this to as many people as you like. You will get a £2 money off voucher (online use only) which you can spend on special reserve.

Get 5 vouchers and either get them as money off a game/dvd or exchange them for a free gift! Not rubbish gifts though. Cool things like gameing stuff, computer bits and many other nice gifts.

Don't delay join special reserve today!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.