GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA EXTRA GAMEADAY CHAINEMAIL IN DEC2001"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/11/01 at 18:13
Regular
Right, sorry for the delay on judging this one but we've had a bit of a mad Christmas and New Year so it was for your own good. Not quite so many entries for this (to be honest, it was quite a tricky one) and a fair few of you missed the point entirely - the idea was to get people to join the club, not to get them to Gameaday!

Anyway, from the entries we did receive, Dr.Duck wins for his in-depth look at the logistics of the chain e-mail and The Game wins for his 'matey' writing style. Well done both of you! You can both choose a Game or DVD from our database up to the value of £25!

-----------------------------------------------------

It's time we got up to some mischief.

What we need is a Chain e-mail letter. One of those things which arrives at your address and then you forward it to thirty six of your mates and two weeks later a freebie arrives through your letterbox.

Imagine that for each new member who joins Special Reserve we have a couple of quid to pay for rewards.

THE ORIGINATOR send the e-mail to 10 friends.
The ten friends can either JOIN or PASS.
To PASS they must send the e-mail on to another 10 friends, but just as favour to the ORIGINATOR.

If they JOIN then they can become an ORIGINATOR and send off their own e-mail to 10 friends.

With luck one originator will get their message across to quite a lot of people - especially if the message is interesting or humorous enough for people to pass on.

For each person who joins, we send the originator a £2 voucher towards games and stuff.

(the above is just a simple first stab at this to suggest the possibilities)

This contest is two-fold.

You can win one EXTRA GAMEADAY if you can specify exactly the right way to go about this. Something very similar to the above, but well thought out. An idea which will work.

You can win one EXTRA GAMEADAY if you can write the e-mail for the scheme you outline, or for the scheme outlined above. The important things are to make people join and to be interesting enough to pass the e-mail on.

Competition closes in Mid December.

It's a bit complex to write out your answers and ideas in this thread quite carefully and we'll see who comes up with the best concepts and approaches to this.

Quite a challenge - I wonder if anybody will enter?
Sun 13/01/02 at 10:05
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
Didn't they win the last one?
Thu 10/01/02 at 19:09
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Congrats to Dr Duck and The Game for Extra Game a Day wins!
Thu 10/01/02 at 15:12
"I hate that!!!"
Well done Dr.Duck and The_Game.

When's the next GAD EXTRA competition.

Could you do the Slogan desighn one again I liked that one.
It seemed to be quite poular too.
Thu 10/01/02 at 15:03
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Right, sorry for the delay on judging this one but we've had a bit of a mad Christmas and New Year so it was for your own good. Not quite so many entries for this (to be honest, it was quite a tricky one) and a fair few of you missed the point entirely - the idea was to get people to join the club, not to get them to Gameaday!

Anyway, from the entries we did receive, Dr.Duck wins for his in-depth look at the logistics of the chain e-mail and The Game wins for his 'matey' writing style. Well done both of you!
Sun 06/01/02 at 16:03
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I know this has closed but here's my entry:

http://luke.ac6.org/turbonutter/stuff/chainmail.jpg

Hur hur hur...
Sun 06/01/02 at 15:11
who actually one this one then???????
Sat 05/01/02 at 23:06
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
GAMEADAY.CO.UK
Apply within...

Job description:
A person (male or female) to give a game to in exchange for reviews, discussions and cheats

Hours:
Flexible, whenever you want. Have as many days off as you want.

What's the catch?:
You help our site develop and make it a more enjoyable place to be.

Wages:
Games/Films up to 50 pounds depending on enthusiasm and quality of work.

--------------------

I think this format would be quite interesting as if it was an advertisement for an appealing job.
Fri 28/12/01 at 10:18
Regular
"DS..."
is'nt this comp allready closed? i'm sure i've seen something about it supposedly closing in MID December, it's now the 28th and i was under the impression that this is the END of december, either that or it's just me! neway...
slik ~_~
Wed 19/12/01 at 23:35
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Just a note really:

I kinda think a HTML e-mail would be better... it'd look more professional, and for every 1 person that can't receive HTML, there will be 3 that actually bother to read the file instead of thinkning of it as junk mail...

Game
Tue 18/12/01 at 09:27
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Gamers UNITE!

Are you into your twenties living your life in shame that you still play kids toys? Do you still play with your lego when the missus goes on holiday?

Now you can hold your head up high that there are many people out there that also refuse to let growing up take over their lives. Come to SR and see that boys can still play with toys.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.