GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA GAMEADAY NEWS STORY SHOCKER"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/11/01 at 17:46
Regular
Here's another chance or two to win an EXTRA GAMEADAY prize of any game of your choice from our entire catalogue.

Just write a headline and a news story.

It must be true.

It must be in your own words, not copied word for word.

It must be of interest to our type of people.

The best of these will appear in the News Headlines across our site and at Upwire.com.

By "best" we mean the "most interesting".

The best of the best will be awarded the prize. You will NOT necessarily win a prize if your story is used.

The first prize will be awarded one week from now, at 17:00 on December 4th.

If the pontest is copular then it will be pereated the loffowing week.

Get your stories now from any news source. You must enter them in this thread for them to be considered.
Wed 28/11/01 at 20:28
RiCkOsS wrote:
> Tony, how you make more than 1 entry?

Oh poo! Can u not make more than one entry ?? ive made three !! ooopppsss !!!!!

If i cant make 3 entries may i choose the one that u count ?
Wed 28/11/01 at 20:20
Regular
Tony, how you make more than 1 entry?
Wed 28/11/01 at 20:18
Sega Blows Dust Off Japan Production Site

It seems as though the friendly people of Japan have finally realised how good the Dreamcast really is. Demand for the console has hit high and is nearly on par with its popularity this time last year !!

For this reason production of the console will restart in Japan and units will be in the shops by march, just in time to go up against the x-box !!!

Although this may have come to late for the brilliant DC system around the globe, gaming folk of Japan will still have the chance to purchase a console and experience the amazing line up of games before its to late !!

d34n0
Wed 28/11/01 at 20:18
Regular
sorry i mean GBA not DGA
Wed 28/11/01 at 20:11
Regular
<>

After the dissappointment from Gameboy Advance customers because of the unimproved screens of the Gameboy Advance to the Gameboy Nintendo's HQ in Japan got to it.

Recently Nintendo just annouced in Japan that new Gameboy Advances were being made. These will include different colours and built in lighting systems for the same price as the original Gameboy Advances.

All though this could improve the gameplay of some games some customers complain that "Nintendo could of done this anytime, they didn't though because they wanted us to by more accesories for our handhelds like lights. It may be a good idea but some of us will have to either find someone to by our consoles for the full price or get the rest of money out of our own pocket."

Sadly, even though it would save a lot of hassle, the Gameboy Advances with built in lights bring the battery time down to 10 hours. There is still no news on a Japanese release date though.
Wed 28/11/01 at 18:57
Regular
""
HHH vs Giant Panda!

In early November there was an intense court case between WWF and WWF. Confused? The World Widlife Fund took The World Wrestling Federation to court on account of having the same intials. It's sounds silly because Robin Williams and Robbie Williams have the same intials and almost the same name, but have they ever taken each other to court.
This is completely sane because apparentley bosses of companies give their brain dead secretaries a check to send to the WWF (Meaning the World Widlife Fund) and the WWF (World Wrestling Federation)have found they are thousands of pounds richer.
The World Wrestling Federation lost the court battle which means they may have to change their name to fit the event. Like World Wrestling Federation Smackdown WWFS or World Wrestling Federation Raw is War WWFRW.
This might sadly mean more confusion and I don't see this being the last court battle between them.

=B0p= 70's
Wed 28/11/01 at 18:05
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Geeks are cool!

It has been revealed by leading scientists tat computer geeks do not deserve the stereotypical reputation they are admitted to.

Researchers claim that computer users who meet friends online are likely to be more sociable and more community-minded then average.

People who also use the internet on a regular basis were found to more likely be better educated and earn more. Also internet users were found to be the best citizens with many being members of voluntary origanisations and community groups(30% belonged to them in comparison to less than a quarter non-users).

So next time you are surfing the net and are being told to stop playing because "it's bad for you" show your parents this and tell them you are more sociable, most trustworthy and a good citizen. That will show them!

(Source Daily Mail, Sunday)
Wed 28/11/01 at 16:53
Regular
-A BIG 41 for Gamecube-

Bloomberg reports in an interview with Nintendo of Japan's Managing Director Yoshihiro Mori that Nintendo will have their game count up to 41 by March 2002... and that's not 41 developing games, that's 41 games available to pick off shelves!

There are 15 available games at the moment, and with 20 planned for Christmas, it means the total amount of games being released from January through March total 6 games. Not much perhaps... but I'm sure they'll be quite a few surprises in store.

And considering the Nintendo Gamecube is rumoured to be released in March 2002 in Europe, hopefully we'll get quite a few more games than the light shelved Japan launch. Good things come to those that wait, evidently.
Wed 28/11/01 at 16:38
I hope you don't mind me using you in my post Dringo.
Wed 28/11/01 at 16:37
*Story by Goten*

NINTENDO FANS IN FOR A SHOCK

It seems that Nintendo fans that are eagerly awaiting for the Gamecube to reach these shores, could be in for a longer wait, as it seems that the Gamecube may be delayed until June. With the PS2 being out for over a year, and the Xbox would have been out for three months, is this a wise move.

According to Nintendo fan Dringo,"It is a great disappointment, but if three more months is what it takes to make sure it is the best, then so be it".

Will all Nintendo fans feel this way, or will they picket games stores, stopping Sony and Microsoft fans from purchasing there consoles. Only time will tell.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.