GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA GAMEADAY NEWS STORY SHOCKER"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/11/01 at 17:46
Regular
Here's another chance or two to win an EXTRA GAMEADAY prize of any game of your choice from our entire catalogue.

Just write a headline and a news story.

It must be true.

It must be in your own words, not copied word for word.

It must be of interest to our type of people.

The best of these will appear in the News Headlines across our site and at Upwire.com.

By "best" we mean the "most interesting".

The best of the best will be awarded the prize. You will NOT necessarily win a prize if your story is used.

The first prize will be awarded one week from now, at 17:00 on December 4th.

If the pontest is copular then it will be pereated the loffowing week.

Get your stories now from any news source. You must enter them in this thread for them to be considered.
Fri 30/11/01 at 18:19
Regular
""
CDouch wrote:
> is that wwf one true?

Yes! I don't lie. Why would a sexy young alien like me lie to all my fans. No I honestl didn't lie.

=B0p
Fri 30/11/01 at 18:05
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
If you thought scientists worked on complicated formulas on topics that didn't interest you you'd be half right.

It's not long since scientists developed a formula which calculated the perfect commentators voice based on various aspects of speech but now those football mad scientists have developed a formula which explains "boring" football (oh dear).

Scientists at Warwick University have applied an astrophysics formula which explains the rate at which black holes suck in astronomical matter to their favourite game. Confused? Don't be, it's gets more complicated. You see the phenomenom that is black holes sucking in astronomical matter occurs at a similar frequency with which goals are scored in a football match.

And the formula happens to be...

P(x|r,p) = [(r+x-1)/x]p(to the power of r)q(to the power of x)I(0,1..)(x). Phew, glad I said that right.

The results suggested that English matches were less exciting then those abroad. The equation associated good football matches with goals scored totalling ten or more (which rarely happens.)

Football may be a topic we are interested in but I doubt we will find this formula useful in even the slightest. Hopefully in the nearby future someone will be able to calculate a formula for "boring" scientists.
Thu 29/11/01 at 20:59
Regular
"  "
GAMING THAT PAYS

Just imagine what it would be like to get paid for playing your favourite games. Well you don't need to imagine any more. Gamers in the US and UK already play games for a living.

It all started when a man in London entered a Quake league. He played Quake alot and before long he placed first in the league. After a while he was approached by people who wanted to sponsor him if he entered international tournaments. These sponsors provided him with up to date equipment along with a heavy wage. He now enters a minimum of 2 leagues a month and most are in a different country. Lot's of people in the world are in a similar situation, and you could be too!

Just imagine that. Getting payed to play your favourite games! Well if your good enough that could be reality. Enter a online league and you could be snapped up just like that. And with the new PS2 online gaming on the horizon much more gamers could be offered a chance to achieve this. Of course you would need to practice every day but before long you could land a big wage for playing games you enjoy!
Thu 29/11/01 at 18:54
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
CDouch wrote:
> is that wwf one true?

yes it is. I heard it a while ago.
Thu 29/11/01 at 18:26
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Whos the winner Whos the winner Whos the winner Whos the winner Whos the winner Whos the winner Whos the winner Whos the winner Whos the winner Whos the winner Whos the winner Whos the winner Whos the winner Whos the winner Whos the winner Whos the winner Whos the winner Whos the winner Whos the winner...

oh...

Be back in 5 days...
Thu 29/11/01 at 18:19
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
POP

Ultimate POPpage!

POP!
Wed 28/11/01 at 22:46
SUPER X-BOX

Its only been a week since the launch of the almighty X-Box in America and already for some the amount of raw power hidden beneath that black hood just isn't enough!

A group known as Icrontic decided to buy themselves an X-Box for one purpose, to modify it! For them what they got certainly was not enough and modifying the box was the only choice! Although simple, the modifications made do in fact enhance the performance of Microsoft's machine!

The first modification was to the hard disk IDE cable which when changed showed dramatic performance gain when copying data to the hard disk. The group claim that the change was so simple that they don't understand why Microsoft didn't pick up on it.

Other adjustments to both network features and controller ports offered added extras like in house network gaming and USB ports, both which could prove useful in the future. Icrontic also plan to edit the DVD playback feature in the box to operate without the add on kit. All of these adjustments show that new consoles are becoming more like PC's with every release, which may or may not be a good thing, its up to you to decide.

Be warned though, this group no exactly what their doing and don't mind spending £300 on a console just to 'Play' with it, in no way do we advise people to muck about with the contents of a console!

d34n0
Wed 28/11/01 at 22:38
Regular
"I like cheese"
SANTA'S ELVES-ONLY AT SPECIAL RESERVE

What will Santa be bringing you for Christmas this year? Well, it will certainly be more than ever before, as he's bought a bargain bundle of games over at Special Reserve!
SR have been filled with the Christmas spirit, and with low prices on all forthcoming titles such as Max Payne for PlayStation 2, or Return To Castle Wolfenstein on PC, you're sure to have that little bit of extra money to buy that pair of socks for your dear old mother-in-law!
Santa's little elves are all over at SR now, busily lowering prices all the time on your favourite games, on all your favourite platforms!
So come on, be like Santa, and buy from all his little elves at Special Reserve! You're sure to have a very SPECIAL Christmas!
Wed 28/11/01 at 21:03
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
is that wwf one true?
Wed 28/11/01 at 20:28
Regular
RiCkOsS wrote:
> Tony, how you make more than 1 entry?

Gawd i'm dopey tonight, i mean can so i should have said

RiCkOsS should have wrote:
> Tony, can you make more than 1 entry?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.