GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SLOW SLOW Broadband - Edinburgh Node"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/09/10 at 11:21
Regular
I have had very slow broadband speed <100Kbps now for 4 weeks. I am not seeking help through the forums but rather want ed to get some feedback as to whether anyone else out there in Freeolaland was in the same situ.

Freeola have infromed me that their wholesalers and BTW are on the case and a fix is imminent, but then that was a week ago.

Am I alone?
Fri 17/09/10 at 12:17
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
We have been chasing up the issue as regularly as we can, and are currently (along with our wholesaler) pushing as hard as we can with BT Wholesale for a resolution.

We have been informed that they should have an update for us this afternoon, although this is not confirmed at this point.
Thu 16/09/10 at 17:46
Regular
Well that's nearly another week gone by and still no sign of a resolution to my problem. Not heard from Freeola support for a few days so will drop them another request for some sort of update.

Any movement Digi in your part of the world?
Mon 13/09/10 at 16:05
Regular
Well i phoned freeola and advised them that my speeds are still variable, its affecting all the village here AGAIN, they are passing this info onto BTW who will say "no problems found" :-) I know its not funny but you have to laugh when you clearly have a problem as I clearly have a problem, but because they cant see it they think it dosent exsist!

Digi.
Mon 13/09/10 at 14:56
Regular
lol,

When I first spotted this problem they were knocking down a school just down the road and I thought that they might have knocked more than the school down, but having checked with all the neighbours I ruled that one out.

Tram lines in Edinburgh - Now that's a possibilty if our broadband has to follow the imposed one way systems as well as the road traffic!

Anyway no change here yet.
Mon 13/09/10 at 14:39
Regular
Is it just me but... is a system where by when your internet is not working correctly, you phone up your ISP and they then direct you to the BT Speedtester site to run a speed test online, wait a minute! how can I do that my internet is not working!! there must be another method that BTW will accept that there is a fault, once you have tried all the usual things like filters routers etc and your internet is still broken. For what it is worth Match my internet is still up and down like a yo yo and I am through the Edinburgh node, you dont think its any thing to do with these tram works in Edinburgh? i wonder if they have hit the Edinburgh pipe? just a thought I know its a very very long shot but its more than BTW seem to have :-)

Digi.
Sun 12/09/10 at 00:43
Regular
Just a quick late night post for added info:

I haven't had BT engineer visit as they (via Freeola) accepted eventually they had a problem (in Edinburgh) and are again investigating the issue due to the number of customers reporting the same continuing problem to freeola support.

I have tried another computer, using a newly bought router, filter and cables all on the base socket with exact same problem.
Sat 11/09/10 at 23:04
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
> Hi DL :¬)
>
> I was wondering if Match had tried other computers etc. but was
> put off from asking as he initially said he wasn't asking for
> forum support...
>
> It's an interesting 'case' though.
>
> We are all aware this isn't the official Freeola support channel
> but it would be nice to see Freeola comment if they are able.
>
> It would help other possible Freeola Broadband customers see how
> things are dealt with and get them to switch from their existing
> poor ISP!
>
>
>
> [s]Hmmm...[/s]

Hi Hmmm....then maybe this should be a ' Freeola unofficial Support Channel' ... we have all had one problem or another which have been solved by various 'means'....one of which has been the excellent help and advice from this forum :¬)

Shall we go for 'an unofficial Support Thread' for all things PC....we must have thousands of useful tips and solutions between us :¬)
Sat 11/09/10 at 18:52
"Are you sure?"
Hi DL :¬)

I was wondering if Match had tried other computers etc. but was put off from asking as he initially said he wasn't asking for forum support...

It's an interesting 'case' though.

We are all aware this isn't the official Freeola support channel but it would be nice to see Freeola comment if they are able.

It would help other possible Freeola Broadband customers see how things are dealt with and get them to switch from their existing poor ISP!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 11/09/10 at 18:46
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hi Match.....(and Hmmm)

Sorry to read about your connection problem....it can be a total 'pain' :¬(

Just checked ISPC Connect and Edinburgh node running at 71% .....so some users are happy.

At least Hmmm is aware of the 'case' and is excellent at providing viable connection solutions....however, you may have mentioned this earlier in this thread, has your 'box o'tricks' displayed any reason for a connection problem?

I ask, only because this happened to me. 'All parties concerned' stated that all was OK and running as it should be....however my 'box o'tricks' was dropping connection frequently and when 'active' ha ha .... running extremely slow. Turned out to be ethernet drivers..... :=-O Updated and never looked back : ¬)
Sat 11/09/10 at 18:31
"Are you sure?"
Hi Match,
It's not as simple as that I'm afraid! :¬(

There are so many variables with ADSL that troubleshooting isn't straightforward.

Not all ISPs are using IPSC either so things aren't so widespread.

Your speedtest analogy wouldn't work as for all BT know you are getting terrible throughput because your WiFi is 'open' and next door's youth club are all using it! etc. ;¬)

As I mentioned I'm currently assisting my father with a complete ADSL outage on his Freeola broadband. We are currently up to the £160+VAT for BT to have a proper look stage as they've reported the infamous "No Fault Found".

I take it you've been through that? What did the BT engineer find when he visited?

I also take it by now Freeola would have escalated your problem to the 'Freeola Support Manager' as it's past 21 days?
Freeola Broadband Faults
Has this happened and can you say how it's being handled?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.