GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SLOW SLOW Broadband - Edinburgh Node"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/09/10 at 11:21
Regular
I have had very slow broadband speed <100Kbps now for 4 weeks. I am not seeking help through the forums but rather want ed to get some feedback as to whether anyone else out there in Freeolaland was in the same situ.

Freeola have infromed me that their wholesalers and BTW are on the case and a fix is imminent, but then that was a week ago.

Am I alone?
Tue 21/09/10 at 19:29
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Hmmm... wrote:
> It seems (to the outside world) a bit of a shame that Match
> didn't get many earlier responses to his broadband problems?
> :¬(

'Match' received updates and responses to this issue, when they were available, via official methods. He had specifically mentioned he didn't want this to become a 'support thread' which is why you would not have seen any Staffies replying here.

As you know, we monitor all threads and posts within these forums and reply when necessary or when we are able.
Tue 21/09/10 at 19:13
"Are you sure?"
Just an observation...

It seems (to the outside world) a bit of a shame that Match didn't get many earlier responses to his broadband problems? :¬(

Speaking as a fellow customer updates and feedback is always a good thing.

We all know this isn't an official support forum but it is part of your shop window so worth making the most of...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 21/09/10 at 18:42
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Not sure the exact details of these problems but BTO seem to have had quite a few problems in the Edinburgh and surrounding areas recently. Yesterday a ATM node went down in Edinburgh due to a fault on the fibre and then today Ayr, Dalkeith and Falkirk had problems, believed to be due to RAS 3 at Falkirk. The trouble is that although BT are acknowledging faults, they're doesn't seem to be any information on the cause once fixed. Too many engineers tasked to FTTC I think!
Tue 21/09/10 at 18:31
Regular
Hi Hmmm..

Things are getting back towards normal but things are still a bit variable but at least in the Mbps range 2-6 as opposed the Kbps 8-100 range.

I don't yet know the cause of the fault but have asked Freeola support to advise us of such should BTW come clean with the root cause.

I hope the issue is resolved with a robust solution but will only know for sure over the coming days. As I have siad things feel a bit shakey so only time will tell.
Tue 21/09/10 at 17:49
"Are you sure?"
Hi Match,
I'm glad to hear things are looking better for you :¬)

Do you know what the problem was?

There was an issue in the Edinburgh area yesterday morning.
Someone mentioned problems on the TBB forum I linked to earlier.

They also had a maximum ADSL connection (8128) with terrible throughput. They reported their issues were resolved this afternoon. I wonder if it was connected.

NB. Your connection goes through Freeola's/Entanet's Edinburgh node - but not all providers in your area will be using IPSC/WBC.

But as Warhunt says discussing further provider options here wouldn't be appropriate.

I've stuck with Freeola through thick and thin (for around 12 years) and it all seems to eventually come good! :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 21/09/10 at 15:12
Regular
Well at the time of posting my frustrations with BTW may be over!!! I seem to be getting closer to the 6Mbps at the moment though it feels a little shakey.

I appreciate the efforts put in by Freeola on this issue,don't get me wrong, and also appreciate the obvious frustration Freeola have had themselves. Ihave from day 1 known that the fault more than likely lay with BT.

You have to accept though in this day and age that once you have a good braodband connection you tend to put more and more dependency on it. Thus when you lose it for such a long time you have to start considering all the options.

Anyway,thanks to Freeola for the efforts they have made on my (and others) behalf, and I hope my final post will confirm resumption of normal service shortly.
Tue 21/09/10 at 13:16
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Will make a few notes here but please use the official contact means to discuss the faults.

I would imagine it would be hard to find a provider that routes you through a different node than your closest available, and this is not really the place to discuss that anyway i'm afraid.

We are doing all we can with the Edinburgh issue and will continue to push things as hard as we can.

@Digi - Too many details to discuss on the forums, best to discuss your concerns via ticket. We are doing everything we can on this, considering the circumstances.

Please appreciate though that it will naturally be harder to get investigations done when the line is performing within the realms of BTW "acceptable" limits.
Tue 21/09/10 at 04:36
Regular
Hi Match for what it is worth and I know your issue is not the same as mine, but recently! am getting really hacked off with the lack of "push" from Freeola, and BTW, my speeds are still up and down like a YO YO there is an issue at our exchange, I know this because BT Customers in this village have been informed by their ISP, yet when I call to update or get an update Freeola are not getting this info from btw! This makes Freeola look silly, and I know the guys at Freeola are doing what they can, the issue is I think with BTW, I am seriously thinking of getting my MAC code and moving once I come back from my holidays. I would imagine in Edinburgh cable must be an option? no such luxury down here in the sticks though.

Digi
Mon 20/09/10 at 19:45
Regular
To be honest I am starting wonder if this problem (i.e. impractical broadband speed) is ever going to be fixed by BTW or anyone else.

Anyone recommend another ISP that won't route me through Edinburgh frommy part of the world - maybe to quickest way to a fix? As much as I would love to find a solution that meant I wasn't reliant on BT in ANY way I guess that's not possible??!!
Sun 19/09/10 at 12:52
Regular
Thanks for the input Warhunt - so I take it (2 days later) BT didn't come back with any info!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.