GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Ghosts""

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/08/10 at 12:56
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Do you believe in ghosts?

I believe in ghosts but I'm not convinced that 'ghosts' are neccessarily the spirits of the dead.

Consider the possibility of alternate dimensions/parallel universes, or whatever you want to call them and that time is the fourth dimension, then isn't it possible for time to sometimes 'cross over' into other dimensions and that people are in fact seeing echoes in time whenever we hear about these 'ghost stories'?

Since we're on the subject, does anyone have any ghost stories of their own?
Fri 13/08/10 at 19:13
Regular
"hulagadoo"
I've seen/heard of a few things. When I was around 16 my parents got a new house and I believe my room had some sort of presence in it. One night I was woken by what felt like a pressure on my neck. I opened my eyes and seen what appeared to be an old lady with one arm extended trying to push me out of my bed.

The room itself had a noticable temperature drop compared to the rest ofthe house. My parents had plumbers out checking the heating, as well as checking the vents, windows and floors for any draughts - no one was able to explain the reason for the coldness.

A few children that have visited have said theyve seen someone in there and now that Ive moved out my aunty who occasionally stays over refuses to sleep in the room because she's seen things going on.

In my current house things seem to relocate themselves, I used to put this down to the wifey moving things without telling me but while she was on holiday and I was the only one in things got moved. In particular the washed glasses on the draining board in the kitchen. Once washed I put them upside down so the water would drain but one day when I returned from work they were the right way up.
Fri 13/08/10 at 13:12
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
McLong wrote:
> Sonic Chris wrote:
> McLong wrote:
> He claims to have woken up on at least 1 occasion to see some
> shadowy figure of a woman standing at the foot of the bed,
> which
> after a few moments disappeared.
>
> Your mum could have been checking on him? :P
>
> Rational explanation anyone? ;D
>
> In that case, to answer Hippy's question, yes my Dad probably
> was scared!

Best. Ghost Story. Ever. ;)

And Chris...wasn't my explanation rational enough? ;)
Fri 13/08/10 at 12:49
Regular
Sonic Chris wrote:
> McLong wrote:
> shadowy figure of a woman standing at the foot of the bed,
> which
>
> Your mum could have been checking on him? :P
>
> Rational explanation anyone? ;D

In that case, to answer Hippy's question, yes my Dad probably was scared!
Fri 13/08/10 at 12:05
Regular
"How Ironic"
McLong wrote:
> shadowy figure of a woman standing at the foot of the bed, which

Your mum could have been checking on him? :P

Rational explanation anyone? ;D
Fri 13/08/10 at 11:29
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
McLong wrote:
> shadowy figure of a woman standing at the foot of the bed, which
> after a few moments disappeared. Whether this was was something
> he actually witnessed, or something that can be blamed on the
> massive amounts of medication he was on, I'm not sure.

It may be - or it could be sleep-paralysis - where you wake up before your body exits "sleep mode". The description you gave a shadowy figure after awaking does fit into this category, but still, he may have seen something. Who knows... that's why I like to go out and find out!

Was your dad scared by it?
Fri 13/08/10 at 11:20
Regular
My Dad was forced to spend a few nights in one of the spare rooms at their house (they live in an large Edwardian house that used to be a hotel) due to having a cold/flue that my Mum wasn't too keen on catching. This was probably a couple of years ago now.

He claims to have woken up on at least 1 occasion to see some shadowy figure of a woman standing at the foot of the bed, which after a few moments disappeared. Whether this was was something he actually witnessed, or something that can be blamed on the massive amounts of medication he was on, I'm not sure.

This spare room is the same room I stay in when I visit my parents, and I can't say I've witnessed anything unusual.
Fri 13/08/10 at 08:09
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Thanks TG (can we call you that yet? :p) - started out as a web project and turned into a paranormal group.

Interesting story! Think everyone's experiences with something unexplainable is interesting!

I can understand why people don't believe in ghosts in the traditional sense, but I will (and have been doing) defend the field against people that do say paranormal events don't exist. But what causes these events... well ghosts could be just one of many answers.

Whereas I am unsure of ghosts, I am absolutely 100% positive there are intelligent entities out there, be it aliens, undiscovered intelligent beings/creatures or indeed ghosts/spirits. A conversation I had with an empty room confirmed that for me. :)
Thu 12/08/10 at 20:38
Regular
"How Ironic"
I don't believe in them at all, but I do find it interesting regardless. I enjoy traditional ghost stories and the likes on dark nights with friends, but I hate the guys on TV who claim to be communicating with the dead and passing on 'messages'. Absolute dribble.
Thu 12/08/10 at 17:26
Regular
"I like turtles"
Nah,don't believe in any of that stuff TBH.I reckon once your gone,your gone.Some unscrupulous people such as Derek Acorah have made an awful lot of money conning thousands of gullible people.I went on a ghost watch/seance thing a few years ago,my mate was trying to get off with one of the members of the paranormal society (he epically failed BTW).People there reckoned they experienced 'something' but I just got very cold and bored !.
Thu 12/08/10 at 15:25
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Interesting site HM, will have a better look at that tonight when I have more time.

I actually have a ghost story of my own too.

My Mum and Dad stay in an apparently 'haunted' house, it's even in a book called 'Scottish Ghosts'. The house used to be an old police house, and a policeman hung himself in it.

When I was younger I remember waking up one night and I could see a shadowy figure standing next to my bed, but I had the feeling that there was definately a presence there, it's hard to explain. I remember hiding under my covers and when I looked again there was nothing there.

The night after this the exact same thing happened and by this time it was really freaking me out.

Then for the third straight night this happened again and obviously by then I was pretty much terrified (remember I was only about 6 or something) and for some reason I dove off my cabin bed at this figure, and landed on the floor and then my parents came to see if I was alright. But after I did this there were no 'sightings' for years.

The last time anything was seen was about 10 years ago when we were at a neighbours BBQ accross the road and suddenly my Dad and one of his mates bolted accross to our house.

When they came back they both said they were positive they had seen someone at the upstairs bathroom window, however when they went accross, obviously both front and back doors were locked and both went upstairs and no-one was there, my dad even checked in wardrobes and under beds but nobody was to be found. It freaked them both out something awful.

Gives me chills thinking about this stuff now actually. I'm in my own house now though and happily nothing wierd to report.....yet :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.