GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I think I'm going to get in shape"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/04/03 at 15:17
Regular
I used to be really fit... played football a few days a week and went swimming about once a week.

Now all I do for exercise is well walk and I'm starting to notice me being not as energetic as I should

So it's time to change

RAR eye of the tiger

I have a sit up machine thing... I did 250 yesterday but now I've really hurt my muscles and can't do any more.

I might get a bike machine and weights

Or maybe I'll go get some crisps... yum
Tue 22/04/03 at 17:48
Just read all the posts, and seen what you said about the muscle growing when resting; I don't sleep a lot, about 5 hours a day on average, does that affect body growth?
Tue 22/04/03 at 17:47
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Oh, you would need to do compound exercises such as squats, dead lifts and bench presses at the start to build the main bulk. Then you start to focus on certain parts of each muscle group.
Tue 22/04/03 at 17:45
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Exercises using body weight won’t make you grow much bigger; they are used for building up muscle stamina and endurance . If you want to bulk up you need to use heavy weights doing fewer reps (around 6-8).
Tue 22/04/03 at 17:43
I want to go to the gym, but being a really bony person, I don't thinkk I could face showing myself in a gym. I dow work out a bit in the house (you know, jogging on the spot for a few minutes, press ups, sit ups, the usual), but my body structure doesn't seem to get any bigger (my shoulders are currently the same size as the average girl in college).
Tue 22/04/03 at 17:33
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
Stop eating those deep fried pizzas then. Those crazy Scots with their Daily Records.
Tue 22/04/03 at 17:30
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
You said you are thinking of buying a weight machine, if I were you I would buy a bench and some free weights instead. I think machines limit your movement too much, also with weights there is more freedom in what exercises you can do.

For CV an excise bike is great, you can alternate between long steady exercise and interval training.
Tue 22/04/03 at 17:30
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Gym costs a fortune up here
>
> I'm not actually fat... it's I just want to be fit again.
>
> I tried to run home the other day and thought I was going to die

When you start uni go to the gym and price it there.
Strathclyde costs £60 a year for everything, Gym, swimming, 5 a-side, squash, badminton etc

I'm always too busy with uni work, lectures to go as much as I would like but I have been playing football near enough every week since Christmas and have noticed a big change in my fitness.
I'm going to make more of an effort in Summer to stay fit.
Tue 22/04/03 at 17:27
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I don't really want to join a team again

Also, the only gym up here is good but costs £40 a month

Yeah... that'll be right.
Tue 22/04/03 at 17:25
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
My gym cost me £10 for life membership and £3 each time I go.

Have you thought of joining a football team again?
Tue 22/04/03 at 17:22
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Gym costs a fortune up here

I'm not actually fat... it's I just want to be fit again.

I tried to run home the other day and thought I was going to die

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.