GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I think I'm going to get in shape"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/04/03 at 15:17
Regular
I used to be really fit... played football a few days a week and went swimming about once a week.

Now all I do for exercise is well walk and I'm starting to notice me being not as energetic as I should

So it's time to change

RAR eye of the tiger

I have a sit up machine thing... I did 250 yesterday but now I've really hurt my muscles and can't do any more.

I might get a bike machine and weights

Or maybe I'll go get some crisps... yum
Tue 22/04/03 at 21:06
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Mmmm fatty acids

Errr I can't even go to the gym until I'm 18

" Duh.. I'm 17... I'm too stoopid to work a bloody exercise machine... MUH MUH I've cut my hand off "
Tue 22/04/03 at 21:01
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I decided to get into shape when I was 16. I started off just cutting down a little on what I ate and doing a few sit ups & press ups, but I've been gradually pushing myself harder for the last three years.

I reallt do reccomend going to the gym. Depends on the cost of course, but once you're there you'll feel it's a waste of time & money if you don't push yourself, whereas otherwise you'll be more tempted just to stop when you're tired.

It's really not that difficult to cut all junk food out of your diet, but don't overdo your food-watching or you'll end up with a fatty acid deficiency...
Tue 22/04/03 at 20:51
Regular
We're all in shape.

Only people like you are a round, flabby shape.
Tue 22/04/03 at 19:07
"The Will of D."
All I did for exercise before was walk home from school which is about 2 miles, but now I do that AND I use weights which I use 3 times a week.I have noticed a difference in bicep and tricep size on both my weak and stronger arm, but my right arm is still the dominant one.
Tue 22/04/03 at 18:54
Regular
"That's right!"
*runs into topic, flexing muscles*

Aha, old spandex boy is here!

Stryke, you should know I curl two jeeps every HALF hour!

Right, I must be the laziest get fit/go to the gym person in history. I go for weeks and even months without doing anything, then go crazy and work out every day for a few months... then get lazy again.

I'm pretty well equipped right now (not THAT way, sickos) as I have a punch bag, a speed ball, a chin up bar, push up bars (allow better push ups) and still have a load of weights. My once respectable six pack has been a developing beer belly for quite some time now, so I've started doing sit ups again. Also, whenever I'm bored/angry/energetic I run into my garage and hit my punch bag... which is coming off the wall, dag nammit. Still pretty pap with the speed ball, can't get it anywhere near as fast as you see ol' Rocky and Apollo Creed doing.

So, SHEEPY, throw some money at a punch bag, only 30 odd quid. All you need is a sturdy brick wall (which you should have in your garage, asuming it's attached to yer house) Hit the bag for arm strength and stamina. It's a good way to improve your cardio. And it makes you feel like a brute man (the next kid to start on me is going down, down I tells ya!)

Get in the habit of doing push ups and sit ups when you have five minutes spare. Push ups help with fitness and strength, so they're great. I myself can only do 20 before getting tired nowadays, but in my prime I managed to do 40 in one go once (hey, it's not much, but it meant I was fit enough to join the army) Jogging would be good, I don't do it as much as I used to (even though I took my MP3 player along so I didn't get bored) because I'm embarassed to be seen jogging. Just hum Eye Of The Tiger to yourself as you work out and you'll soon be on level with Rocky.
Tue 22/04/03 at 17:58
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I AM A MACHINE

Yeah... I'll probably eat less crap and do some sit-ups
Tue 22/04/03 at 17:51
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Icarus wrote:
> Just read all the posts, and seen what you said about the muscle
> growing when resting; I don't sleep a lot, about 5 hours a day on
> average, does that affect body growth?

Yes sleep effects body recovery and would also mean you probably wouldn't be able to put as much effort in at the gym due to being tired.
Tue 22/04/03 at 17:50
Regular
Just starve yourself.
Tue 22/04/03 at 17:49
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I might get up early and run

I sold my bike 2 years ago

D'oh
Tue 22/04/03 at 17:48
Regular
Why don't you just starve yourself. You could just eat one biscuit a day.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.