GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAME. Must. Die."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/04/03 at 18:41
Regular
Grr....GAME have gone and p!!sed me off again!!! This time by refusing to sell me Max Payne when I am clearly 15!!!

Me need revenge...but how?

Sensible answers please- nothing like "Go in there with a rocket launcher"
Wed 23/04/03 at 19:59
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Ok listen carefully, this is what you do... You go into game with some kind of back pack on. At first you look normal but when they aren't looking slip postits out of your bag all repeating the same message wether it be "GAME is for a*******s!" or something similar and stick the postit on the third copy towards the back of the most popular games. Do it quickly and leave the store and by time three people have bought a copy of any of the games you'll be long gone. They'll still be finding them a week later :D
Wed 23/04/03 at 20:18
Regular
"\\"
I liked HHATs way... i might try that
Wed 23/04/03 at 21:10
Regular
"Party Hard"
Hmm, once me and my friend stood in COMET for about an hour playing on the GC until the staff just started to stare at us so we left.

Might work for GAME, y'know, if I went in there every day and did it. It's not like it's illegal or anything so they can't really stop you.
Wed 23/04/03 at 21:53
Regular
"That's right!"
I remember the old days of GAME. Used to go there a lot in my early teens. Had to get my mate to buy me DOOM since it was a 15 and I was only 12. Had to get another mate to get me Kingpin a couple of years later, as I was only 16. Heck, I even had to get a mate to buy me SiN, as that was a 15. Then there's the debacle of them ALWAYS forgetting to do the tag thingy, so the alarms would always go off as I was leaving. Seriously, it happened about five times, then I stopped shopping there.

"You got a receipt for this?"

"You've just seen me walk in, take it to the counter, give them money and get it back in a brand new bag, which you're currently looking inside... and you're asking me if I have a receipt?"

I hate them.

Plus, they charge rediculous amounts, despite claiming to be the cheapest around. I just go to HMV nowadays, or Virgin.
Wed 23/04/03 at 22:04
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
G®åpô²ºº² wrote:
> since when have GAME had bogs?

Don't most building have toilets?
In the staff bit?
Wed 23/04/03 at 22:05
"Uzi Lover"
I might be working in GAME pretty soon.

And no-one ever turns me down for a game now, I have hair on my chinny chin chin chinny chin chin chinny chin chin chinny chin chin chin chinny.
Wed 23/04/03 at 22:13
Regular
how about - go in there with ID ??? :D
Wed 23/04/03 at 22:40
Regular
"That's right!"
What kind of ID can you have when you're 16? Not many kids that age have passports, and even if they do, who's gonna bother taking it out just to get a game?

Hell, I have three forms of ID that prove I'm 18, but none of them are accepted. Luckily, the last time I was asked for ID was because I was dressed as scruffy as a 60 year old hobo. Been passing for 18 since I was 16 (except in GAME, funnily enough...)
Wed 23/04/03 at 22:43
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> What kind of ID can you have when you're 16? Not many kids that age
> have passports, and even if they do, who's gonna bother taking it out
> just to get a game?

You could get a citizencard.
Wed 23/04/03 at 22:50
Regular
"That's right!"
Doesn't that involve going down the police station with a load of details, a half hour wait then people accusing you of it being fake?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.