GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are nintendo going to ditch the GBA?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/04/03 at 17:23
Regular
In the past, Nintendo said they have a history of keeping there old consoles up to date with new games but there not making any games for the Nintendo 64, The origional gameboy and from 2004 i think, the Game Boy Colour. Now people might say that people are going to buy a new console but some people may not want to. I think the only company that is making games for there old consoles is sony.
So are nintendo going to eventually ditch the GBA?
Sun 27/04/03 at 15:40
Regular
"Balls"
I am obtaining golden sun 2 soon. The graphics look stupendously brilliant with colossal new ideas
Sun 27/04/03 at 15:35
Regular
"Ghetto Fabulous"
Shinra wrote:
> Golden Sun looks marvellous.
>
> Not only are both GS games a benchmark for the GBA's graphics
> potential, it's also one of the best RPGs ever made.

LONG WORDS HURT HEAD

SHUT UP
Sun 27/04/03 at 15:33
Regular
Golden Sun looks marvellous.

Not only are both GS games a benchmark for the GBA's graphics potential, it's also one of the best RPGs ever made.
Sun 27/04/03 at 15:26
Regular
"Ghetto Fabulous"
I noticed

CRAP
Sun 27/04/03 at 15:23
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Crap isn't filtered.
Sun 27/04/03 at 15:18
Regular
"Ghetto Fabulous"
cgj wrote:
> In the past, Nintendo said they have a history of keeping there old
> consoles up to date with new games but there not making any games for
> the Nintendo 64, The origional gameboy and from 2004 i think, the Game
> Boy Colour. Now people might say that people are going to buy a new
> console but some people may not want to. I think the only company that
> is making games for there old consoles is sony.
> So are nintendo going to eventually ditch the GBA?
HOPE SO

Plus Sony make c*ap games for the PS1
Sun 27/04/03 at 15:14
Regular
Also, the GBA CAN handle near PS1 graphics, the delevepors just haven't been able to perfect it yet. It CAN handle 3D sprites, but they can't yet be used properly, and where they HAVE been used, usually looks crap.
Sun 27/04/03 at 15:10
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Noobst@r wrote:
> And the GBA sucks major balls. Bring out a handheld that ACTUALLY has
> graphics that are the same as PS1 (32-bit my a**e). Better yet, one
> that can match the PS2, X-Box or GC (PC even).

That is even stupider than the original post. The bit count of a processor means next to nothing nothing. Actually, it means how many bits the processor can handle per cycle - the speed of these cycles are more important e.g. a 32-bit processor running at 600 Mhz is doing the exact same work as a 64 bit one running ar 300 Mhz, or a 128-bit processor running at 150 Mhz. In other words, the fact both the PSX and the GBA have 32-bit processors (as does every Pentium PC) is totally meaningless.

What the GBA does have is piles of great games. Do I care Advance Wars has cartoon-y 2D sprites? Well, actually, yeah, I do - because it suits the game. Zelda:lttp looks pale in comparison to Wind Walker, but arguably still manages to be a better game. Pokemon Sapphire's graphics are only marginally better than Gold/Silver's, but the game is still great... etc... etc...
Sat 26/04/03 at 23:36
Regular
Mystique say you're an idiot.
Sat 26/04/03 at 22:53
Regular
"the third person"
caring mongoose say we know your name

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.