GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are nintendo going to ditch the GBA?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/04/03 at 17:23
Regular
In the past, Nintendo said they have a history of keeping there old consoles up to date with new games but there not making any games for the Nintendo 64, The origional gameboy and from 2004 i think, the Game Boy Colour. Now people might say that people are going to buy a new console but some people may not want to. I think the only company that is making games for there old consoles is sony.
So are nintendo going to eventually ditch the GBA?
Wed 30/04/03 at 18:36
"Retarded List"
Not in the foreseable future.
Tue 29/04/03 at 13:21
Regular
"All about the Beats"
maddmun wrote:
> Also, the GBA CAN handle near PS1 graphics, the delevepors just
> haven't been able to perfect it yet. It CAN handle 3D sprites, but
> they can't yet be used properly, and where they HAVE been used,
> usually looks crap.

V Rally 3 for GBA must be very under rated then.
Tue 29/04/03 at 12:02
Regular
You might be right Doc, but I think they will "switch" over to all SP models after a short period of time. Probaly more expensive or "difficult" to produce both machines at the same time.
And, if the cheaper GBA is no longer in production, everyone who wanted it will have to spend more and get the SP. More money to Nintendo (while doing less work).
Tue 29/04/03 at 11:55
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
What? The SP is like the execuitive model of the standard GBA. I wouldn't be amazed if they launched a front/back-lit version of the old model, but it makes sense having them both for sale. Cheap one for kids to bash about in the playground, fancy model for others.
Tue 29/04/03 at 11:52
Regular
Yes, ofcourse Ninty are axing the GBA. It's "old" technology now, and they have the GBA-SP to replace it.
Sun 27/04/03 at 16:26
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Poking fun at someone who takes the bait so beautifully is funny though.
Sun 27/04/03 at 16:25
Regular
"Balls"
Only cabin girls are allowed. You could learn a lot from me boy. Don’t stare to long at those men’s photos look those women’s photos instead. Lesson 1. Doubt you will ever get it right though.
Sun 27/04/03 at 16:23
Regular
Gonzo you really are quite sad, there is nothing wrong with using the word obtaining in the way he has - so get over it.
Sun 27/04/03 at 16:21
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
"Arrrr"? Is there a parrot on your shoulder? Sail the seven seas with a busty wench and a keen-to-please cabin boy?
Sun 27/04/03 at 16:18
Regular
"Balls"
Wow, I’m a roll model. Arrr the possibilities.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.