GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Price of games- N64"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/11/01 at 17:13
Regular
I can't believe that Nintendo 64 games are STILL £40. Some games are even £50. You could buy a second hand N64 for cheaper then the price of the games!!!! For fourty odd quid, I think it's a rip off. PS2 games cost nearly the same as N64 games. I know that N64 uses cartriges, but it's still a big con. If you ask me, N64 is to old to be on our shelves in this day and age. Bring on the GameCube, lose the N64!!!!!!!!
Sat 17/11/01 at 21:55
Gamecube games will probably be cheaper but they could be the same price as the nintendo 64 games at the minute. Playstation 2 games are £35 - £50 so they are and they are CD so who knows?? we will have to wait and see.
Sat 17/11/01 at 22:02
My first N64 game was pokémon stadium but before i got that my granda lent me mario kart, goldeneye 007, Legend of Zelda - Orcarina of time,Duke nukem and starwars. He let me keep mario kart golden eye and Zelda. I now have all them an Majora's mask, pokémon snap, Donkey Kong 64, Doom 64, pokemon stadium and I think thats it. I'm getting a new game soon hopefully.
Sun 18/11/01 at 11:07
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Big Earz wrote:
> Cooky and Tiltawhirl are obviously Jacks.

Jack?

> PSone graphics are bloggy and jagged? Have you played your N64 recently or are
> you just plain and simply blind? Firstly, N64 is the console with the jagged
> lines( Army Men: Sarge's Heroes 2 etc).

HA HA Army Men Sarges Heroes that's
> like saying "all the games on the PS1 are crap and boring just look at
> Spice World"

Honestly mate shutup your doing yourself no favours,
> anyone who trys to defend the graphics on the PS1, in my book is a complete
> idiot.

You should know a lot adout idiots!!!!!
Sun 18/11/01 at 11:07
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Big Earz wrote:
> Cooky and Tiltawhirl are obviously Jacks.

Jack?

> PSone graphics are bloggy and jagged? Have you played your N64 recently or are
> you just plain and simply blind? Firstly, N64 is the console with the jagged
> lines( Army Men: Sarge's Heroes 2 etc).

HA HA Army Men Sarges Heroes that's
> like saying "all the games on the PS1 are crap and boring just look at
> Spice World"

Honestly mate shutup your doing yourself no favours,
> anyone who trys to defend the graphics on the PS1, in my book is a complete
> idiot.

You should know a lot about idiots!!!!!
Sun 18/11/01 at 11:13
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Why does every topic end up being a Sony v Nintendo thing???

We were talking about the price of N64 games nothing else.
Sun 18/11/01 at 11:18
Regular
Big Earz wrote:

You should know a
> lot about idiots!!!!!

Yes idiots are people who post the same thing twice.
Sun 18/11/01 at 11:30
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
I must agree here that Nintendo 64 games are over-the-top expensive. They are not just expensive now, but they always have been. Since the games were release, they've been up to £50 - rediculous. You can get a game than in most cases is better on the Playstation for £20 less! Even old games are still £30-40 and I refuse to pay that for a game. The most I will really pay is £25 and even that is pushing it. I can't believe that anyone would pay £50 for a game! That was Nintendo's partial downfall, overcharging on games. The games contained less storage than a PS1 game, but cost more! Something needs to be done and I hope that Gamecube games are at a more sensible price, such as £30-40. £40+ is really pushing it. I would call £30 good and £35 sensible.

Firebalt.
Sun 18/11/01 at 11:35
Regular
There not too expensive anymore, look in the right places and you pick up good games for under a tenner.
Sun 18/11/01 at 12:06
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> There not too expensive anymore, look in the right places and you pick up good
> games for under a tenner.

Tiltawhirl, lets just leave these muppet newbies to buying there over priced games!

If they can't be bothered to shop around for a decent price then it's their funeral!

:)
Sun 18/11/01 at 14:23
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Cooky wrote:
> Tiltawhirl wrote:
> There not too expensive anymore, look in the right
> places and you pick up good
> games for under a tenner.

Tiltawhirl,
> lets just leave these muppet newbies to buying there over priced games!

If
> they can't be bothered to shop around for a decent price then it's their
> funeral!

:)

So, we have a mouth on us do we? I'm sure that you were a newbie once and actually, I'm not a muppet. Just leave it, or we may have a fight on our hands sir. On the other hand, if you were joking - you're a funny guy! If not, it may be your funeral, not mine!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.