GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Price of games- N64"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/11/01 at 17:13
Regular
I can't believe that Nintendo 64 games are STILL £40. Some games are even £50. You could buy a second hand N64 for cheaper then the price of the games!!!! For fourty odd quid, I think it's a rip off. PS2 games cost nearly the same as N64 games. I know that N64 uses cartriges, but it's still a big con. If you ask me, N64 is to old to be on our shelves in this day and age. Bring on the GameCube, lose the N64!!!!!!!!
Sat 17/11/01 at 19:40
Regular
Big Earz wrote:
> Cooky and Tiltawhirl are obviously Jacks. Tiltawhirl, how can you say that the
> PSone graphics are bloggy and jagged? Have you played your N64 recently or are
> you just plain and simply blind? Firstly, N64 is the console with the jagged
> lines(No Mercy, Army Men: Sarge's Heroes 2 etc). Secondly, Dreamcast is the
> console with the major pop-up(Shenmue, Virtua Tennis etc). You talk about being
> a true gamer, well, I should know a lot about that, playing computers since the
> Sinclair and Spectram. Now on to Cooky. What does quality mean again? Oh, and
> one more thing, how did you get such a pants name?

Erm may i ask who you are in fact dont bother telling me i dont want to know.

Out of the last generation of consoles it was the N64 that had the better graphics a more powerful machine you see indeed it couldn't do FMV too well but then FMV's cheating anyway.

As for Dreamcast it is better than the PS2 so there.
The Playstation is good for a 32 bit console but in game graphics are nothing compared to the N64. Quality = Nintendo simple and with their ability to consatantly. Comaopre the N64's speed to Sony's grey box?

Sorry your too biased for me and Cooky's a nick name for people with the surname Cook most people know that.
Sat 17/11/01 at 19:42
Regular
Oh and pick on Cooky, pick on me.
Sat 17/11/01 at 19:53
Regular
Big Earz wrote:
> Cooky and Tiltawhirl are obviously Jacks.

Jack?

PSone graphics are bloggy and jagged? Have you played your N64 recently or are you just plain and simply blind? Firstly, N64 is the console with the jagged lines( Army Men: Sarge's Heroes 2 etc).

HA HA Army Men Sarges Heroes that's like saying "all the games on the PS1 are crap and boring just look at Spice World"

Honestly mate shutup your doing yourself no favours, anyone who trys to defend the graphics on the PS1, in my book is a complete idiot.
Sat 17/11/01 at 21:01
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Didn't we establish that N64 prices were high about 4 years ago?
Sat 17/11/01 at 21:20
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Big Earz wrote:
> That's only a few games, what about Conkers Bad Fur Day? All you N64 lovers out
> there are either whimpering at the truth or you are to busy blowing the bottom
> of the cartridge trying to get rid of all the hairs and dust!!! Face the facts,
> Goldeneye and Zelda 1 & 2 WERE the only three decent games. But even now
> they're history which will never be researched! Games from the past never to be
> brought back to life. R.I.P Nintendo 64.

Yeah and PSX owners are complaining that their scratched CDs won't work anymore! Oh, and do you want me to name the long list of must get N64 games? Mario 64 was a breakthrough in its time and is still considered by many the best viseo game ever. The same is true about both N64 Zeldas, and Perfect Dark, and Goldeneye. Conkers BFD is probably the first 3D platformer in a long time to stray away from the formula Shigsy created with Mario 64 (except maybe Sonic Adventure) because all the PSX developers are too scared that it won't sell to take any risks with games. Lylatwars is still one of the best on rails shooters, Wave Race is still one of the best realistic 'alternative' (non car racing) racers out there, and 1080 is still regarded as the best snowboarding sim by many. Jet Force Gemini is still easily one of the greatest 3rd person shooters ever, and Mario Kart has never been bettered by the crappy rip offs seen on PSX for sheer fun. You call yourself a true gamer yet you dismiss these and many other titles on the 64 which even the most casual gamers would like after playing for a while. So what if you've been playing since the Spectrum? Oh and where did you get your name from? Prince bloody Charles?
Sat 17/11/01 at 21:23
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Mine does that on DK's Jungle Pathway and Wario Stadium, think it does it on
> that track that goes past the castle from Mario 64 as well.

Do you reckon that it is really fun when it goes hyper fast? I do!
Sat 17/11/01 at 21:41
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
What that got to do with bargins? j/k...
Sat 17/11/01 at 21:46
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
WE MUST DEFEND THE MIGHTY N64 FROM ATTACK!

Also just goes to show, (the Mario Kart thing) that second hand goods may be damaged, but then it turns out it was not due to it being second hand, just had a lot of use, and a small (but fun!) bug!

PS thanks Tiltawhirl for replying to my topic!
Sat 17/11/01 at 21:47
Igot pokémon snap during the suumer fot £8 In Ireland and when I came home I saw it for £35! and none of them were second hand!!!
Sat 17/11/01 at 21:52
There are some games which are cheap but others are a rip off! you get pokémon stadium 2 for about 45-50 quid! that is probably dearer than the n64 itself now adayS!!!!!!

If you ever go o smiths in the republic of Ireland it has brilliant games for cheap and they aren't second hand!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.