GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Price of games- N64"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/11/01 at 17:13
Regular
I can't believe that Nintendo 64 games are STILL £40. Some games are even £50. You could buy a second hand N64 for cheaper then the price of the games!!!! For fourty odd quid, I think it's a rip off. PS2 games cost nearly the same as N64 games. I know that N64 uses cartriges, but it's still a big con. If you ask me, N64 is to old to be on our shelves in this day and age. Bring on the GameCube, lose the N64!!!!!!!!
Sat 17/11/01 at 10:39
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Big Earz you obvious Playstation fan, stop talkin' outta your batty!

Mario 64
DK 64
Waverace 64
Blast Corps
Turok 1,2,3
Yoshi's Story
Mario Kart
etc etc etc

These are quality games!

Every true gamer SHOULD own these!

The N64 was EASILY the best console out of the Playstation, Saturn and Ultra 64!

:)
Sat 17/11/01 at 10:42
Regular
Big Earz wrote:
> That's only a few games, what about Conkers Bad Fur Day? All you N64 lovers out
> there are either whimpering at the truth or you are to busy blowing the bottom
> of the cartridge trying to get rid of all the hairs and dust!!! Face the facts,
> Goldeneye and Zelda 1 & 2 WERE the only three decent games. But even now
> they're history which will never be researched! Games from the past never to be
> brought back to life. R.I.P Nintendo 64.

You really are a bit stupid aren't you?

Why are you so bothered about the price of COnker if there was only 3 good games?

Go play with you PS1 and your blocky graphics and your jagged edges and your pop up.
Sat 17/11/01 at 10:43
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I was one of the fools who bought Turok for £70! (yes £70!) when it first came out.
At that time there were no memory cards available either, so that was another £20 or so.
Sat 17/11/01 at 11:01
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
N64 games are coming much more of a Collective items...Seening them in mint Cond. is coming more and more rare!
Sat 17/11/01 at 11:51
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I've become a collector of Nintendo games!

I think I might buy some more today!

Sat 17/11/01 at 12:18
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
No sh*t, Cooky! How many you got now? 30? 40?
Sat 17/11/01 at 12:21
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Ah, I remeber my first ever N64 game... It was a copy of Mario Kart 64! I got that before I even got the console, because I was paying for some of the console, and my parents paying the rest (and getting LylatWars!) for my Birthday in November, (on the 24th, only a week to go now!) but I saw a copy of Mario Kart second hand and couldn't resist. I took it home, and read the instruction manual more times than I'd like to admit!

This is the same cart that I have mentioned before, as sometimes it goes into 'turbo' mode! I'm not sure if it just my cart, cos it is second hand, but sometimes, especially on DK jungle level and the skyscraper battle level, the game runs really fast! You go about twice as fast as you should be! Its actually pretty fun!
Sat 17/11/01 at 13:19
Regular
Mine does that on DK's Jungle Pathway and Wario Stadium, think it does it on that track that goes past the castle from Mario 64 as well.
Sat 17/11/01 at 18:37
Regular
Cooky and Tiltawhirl are obviously Jacks. Tiltawhirl, how can you say that the PSone graphics are bloggy and jagged? Have you played your N64 recently or are you just plain and simply blind? Firstly, N64 is the console with the jagged lines(No Mercy, Army Men: Sarge's Heroes 2 etc). Secondly, Dreamcast is the console with the major pop-up(Shenmue, Virtua Tennis etc). You talk about being a true gamer, well, I should know a lot about that, playing computers since the Sinclair and Spectram. Now on to Cooky. What does quality mean again? Oh, and one more thing, how did you get such a pants name?
Sat 17/11/01 at 19:26
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Big Earz wrote:
> Cooky and Tiltawhirl are obviously Jacks. Tiltawhirl, how can you say that the
> PSone graphics are bloggy and jagged? Have you played your N64 recently or are
> you just plain and simply blind? Firstly, N64 is the console with the jagged
> lines(No Mercy, Army Men: Sarge's Heroes 2 etc). Secondly, Dreamcast is the
> console with the major pop-up(Shenmue, Virtua Tennis etc). You talk about being
> a true gamer, well, I should know a lot about that, playing computers since the
> Sinclair and Spectram. Now on to Cooky. What does quality mean again? Oh, and
> one more thing, how did you get such a pants name?

erm........I've been around since the days of Chuckie-Egg n Repton to!

And you obviously are a Jack yourself if your gonna use utter PANTS games like Army Men to back up your arguments! I mean, you play those games??? LOL!

Dreamcast the console with major pop-up, e.g. Shenmue!
Man your a dope! Pop-up in the case of the people your talking about I take it. Well that was needed to keep the absolutely AMAZING graphics running at a decent frame rate.

You are a complete munchkin!

I'm sorry, it's not very often I get riled, but franky I think your got a problem!

Now GO! Leave this forum! Go back to playing on your SKANK-ME-DO Playstation!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.