GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo- E V I L"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/11/01 at 20:53
Regular
Nintendo - seller of games to children, or evil child corruptor?

Take doom for GBA. In its day, doom was the most violent game ever made. It was resident evil and half life in one.
Even today people try to use it as an example of a 'bad' game.

All nintendo have done to make sure they can sell this game to little 5 year olds is make the blood green and the bodies fade. Toddlers will still be chain gun cha-cha ing imps to death, and playing with the BFG. No one under 8 should be allowed near this game. There is a limit people. I wouldnt let my little nephew play resident evil, it would mess him up ALOT. Censorship is over done these days, but small children do need protecting.
Thu 15/11/01 at 20:53
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
Nintendo - seller of games to children, or evil child corruptor?

Take doom for GBA. In its day, doom was the most violent game ever made. It was resident evil and half life in one.
Even today people try to use it as an example of a 'bad' game.

All nintendo have done to make sure they can sell this game to little 5 year olds is make the blood green and the bodies fade. Toddlers will still be chain gun cha-cha ing imps to death, and playing with the BFG. No one under 8 should be allowed near this game. There is a limit people. I wouldnt let my little nephew play resident evil, it would mess him up ALOT. Censorship is over done these days, but small children do need protecting.
Thu 15/11/01 at 20:57
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Nice point, simply turning the blood green doesn't make it any less violent. I remember Mortal KOmbat on the MegaDrive, with the green blood. i remember telling my mum it wasn't the 'violent version', but when she saw me basically kicking the hell out of someone she damn near had a fit. Content is content, regardless of the colour of blood.
Thu 15/11/01 at 21:02
Regular
"always swirling"
yum!
green blood.
Thu 15/11/01 at 21:15
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
okay, but what's it got to do with ninty? Just cos it is their console? Doom is on Playstation too y know!
Thu 15/11/01 at 21:16
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> Nice point, simply turning the blood green doesn't make it any less violent. I
> remember Mortal KOmbat on the MegaDrive, with the green blood. i remember
> telling my mum it wasn't the 'violent version', but when she saw me basically
> kicking the hell out of someone she damn near had a fit. Content is content,
> regardless of the colour of blood.

In fact the MD version, there was a cheat that let you have red blood anyway. I wouldnt be surprised if GBA doom had a similar option........
Thu 15/11/01 at 21:54
Regular
Many parents who sue the games industry for what their children did are idiots.

Those red certificates aren't on the game boxes as decoration.

If you bring up your children on games they shouldn't have then you deserve all you get!
Especially if you then go and teach them how to use the guns the children see in the game...
Thu 15/11/01 at 22:20
Regular
How many 8 year olds do you know that are gonna play Doom on the GBA, and then go out and Mini Gun down hoards of Caco Demons?
Thu 15/11/01 at 22:25
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
nintendo-not evil

how many games have options removed because of worryies by americans.

Perfect Dark is one i can name and i am sure there are others.

Making blood green and bodies dissapear satisfies the idiots who blame games for school shootings.

It doesn't make it less violent but it makes it less REAL.

we all know human blood is red. So green blood is not.

See?
Fri 16/11/01 at 16:14
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
Sorry, but doom is too violent for 5 year olds. Green blood is still blood.

Censorship is stupid for over 15 year olds or even 14 year olds

but little kids do need some protection.
Fri 16/11/01 at 16:33
Regular
And hence the games have red certificate.

If the children is playing red certificate games or whatching red certificate films then it's the fault of the Parents, not the Games industry.

Just because it's dangerous for children to smoke, (ignor the passive smoking effect for this one), should smoking be banned full stop?

Well if it wasn't for passive smoking (for which gaming has no equivilant), then the answer is no.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.