GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"K......Y is every one soooooo stupid!?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/11/01 at 19:11
Regular
Listen......i know that every one thinks that the Xbox will be great and the PS2 is the best consol eva but.. well to be frank (which im not coz my name is Ed) there not!
Sooo the X box may have good Graphics, but just 'coz it was made by Bill Gates doesnt mean that it'll rule the world. For example hes going to release it with only a couple of launch titles. Next the PS2....which i must addmit is very cool......but an asking price of £300 for a consol.wts the point!......its a lame attempt to make people think that its thet little bit better.
Now i come on to my main part.......THE GAME CUBE!. (a glint of exitment comes to his eye) The big N SOOOOOO much better than the novices of the consol wars. Only £150 asking price. Advanced , easier to program, mini disk type things (so games can be produced quicker) wire less controllers.....i mean how coool is dat, Amazing graphics, and al the good games are comin out on it........loads that werer gonna be for the PS2 and Xbox. SO there (toung waggling spitting horribley) And with Siggy Mirimato behind us....WE CANT LOSE!!.

Pleze tell me your thoughts.
Sat 17/11/01 at 00:28
I think ssxpro is out to wind people up. Which he's doing quite effectively. Edgy is an easy target, because he's trying to dress up his anti-sony drivel in a way that suggests he is thinking about what he's saying. Which, if you read his contradictions, you'll realise he isn't.

Edgy, get down of your high horse and listen to the sensible half of your own testament!

Ssxpro, you had fun, they're taking it too seriously now. It may be wise to let it drop. Oh and BTW;

"you have no reading for eating"

Comment of the day! Had me rolling about.
Sat 17/11/01 at 00:21
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Yeah but is 1080 not a 'sim' boreding game where as SSX is arcade?

It just depends on what you like.
Sat 17/11/01 at 00:16
Regular
ssxpro wrote:
Why play 1080 when SSX and SSX Tricky
> are around? Besides you can hardly class a snowboarding game as a sign of

I'd much rather play 1080 than SSX, not because i'm a Ninty but because I think 1080 is a much better game.
Sat 17/11/01 at 00:09
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Oh, and SSXPRO why are you so critical of everything Edgy has written here?
Sat 17/11/01 at 00:07
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I feel like helping out Edgy here...

Even if the PS2 controller doesn't hurt, etc. it's exactly the same as the PS1 controller! It shows no progression, and Sonys willingness to just stick with what is selling well. Nintendo have tried to improve their controller and are constantly trying to make improvements in Gameplay, and the Nintendo hardware, where as Sony seem to be going with what ever is selling best, which isn't always the best stuff. (If it was then Fifa games are obviously the best ever, and pop music must be the only decent type of music)

Also, saying the PS2 will be better because it has more complex architecture (ie. the Vector Units) means nothing. The 64 had vector units, but the PSX was easier to develop for, and the PSX sold better. Now, in terms of these two points alone (I'm not saying they are the only two factors), the roles are reversed, with PS2 having Vector Units and GameCube easier to develop for so how can you say that means PS2 will be better?

VOTE NINTY! VOTE COOKY!
Fri 16/11/01 at 23:46
In not saying PS2 is crap,i just think nintendo are better.
PS2 is home to great games like final fantasy 10 and grand theft auto3,wich i probably wont play because i own nintendo consoles(and a playstation 1 wich i got cheap).:)
Fri 16/11/01 at 23:06
Regular
Christ, if I looked at every word in all your messages, I'm sure I'd pick out a lot of faults.

How come it's only Anti-Sony messages that get scanned like this? I've often stuck up for Sony fans when stupid Nintendo fans call the PS2 crap for very stupid reasons (i.e. cos Nintendo is better).

I think it's great that Dringo won for an Anti-PS2 message :)
Fri 16/11/01 at 17:53
Not much people have faith in the bigN.WHY????????
they have made some of the best games ever like zelda and conkers bad fur day.nintendo have loads of trademark games .sony and microsoft af zilch(except halo i fink).
Fri 16/11/01 at 17:42
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Basic summary of my last message:

Summary... you mean removing all the pointless bits and just stating facts. How come there is writing below then? :-)

Fairy tale start and end to it was just a
> joke. One of my friends, registered as Dark Mark on these forums, thought it
> would be funny if I put them in.

Thats nice. Don`t particularly care about that bit though.

Opinions aren't neccesarily wrong. You
> claiming my opinion is wrong means you have no intelligence for evolving.

Opinions are often wrong, and occasionally they are right. I have no intelligence for evolving? You what? You have no reading for eating! Don`t just use random words!!!

My
> opinion may not be the same as yours , but it doesn't mean it's wrong (directed
> at ssxpro).

Hi! You missed! :-)

The PS2 does have long loading times. Not for all games, but for
> quite a few. When I was in Game I wanted to have a go on Rugby 2001.

Please stop! Why did you pick the PS2`s best game as your target??? I`m so offended now!

I pressed
> the start button, then a while later I gave up waiting so that I'd have plenty
> of time to take a look elsewhere around town before going home.

Oh dear. I think they do treatment for such short attention spans. No offence meant to anybody with this condition, just arguing with the edgy one.

I didn't miss
> opinion in that sentence about the PS2 controller. The controller just feels
> uncomfortable in my hands, and the position of all the buttons/sticks just makes
> my wrists hurt after a short time (RSI). If you've got short and stumpy hands
> then you're alright. But not me.

Like Wookiee Monster, I`m 6`3", and with big hands. I have no problem with the controller, its just down to what you`re used to. I also concur with his statement about RSI.

Once again, you are mistaking Nintendo games
> as for games designed for 10 year olds. Played 1080 Snowboarding recently?
> Played Super Mario 64 recently (in my opinion it'd be difficult for adults as
> well as children).

Why play 1080 when SSX and SSX Tricky are around? Besides you can hardly class a snowboarding game as a sign of maturity. Super Mario is only difficult for adults if they find using the controller a problem.. and jumping from platform to platform. :-)

I gotta go, but its been fun. I hope to continue this with you tomorrow Edgy! :-)
Fri 16/11/01 at 13:28
"High polygon count"
Edgy wrote:
> Opinions aren't neccesarily wrong. You
> claiming my opinion is wrong means you have no intelligence for evolving.

Yuor constantly blinkered anti-Sony views suggest the same, but still...

> The PS2 does have long loading times. Not for all games, but for
> quite a few.

And now that Nintendo have moved to discs, you too can look forward to it.

Next time you try a PS2, ask them to stick in GTA3 (initial load, then nothing while playing), EA's F1 2001 (whole tracks on no time). Load times are down to badly-structured discs, which are the fault of the developers, not the machine.

> I didn't miss opinion in that sentence about the PS2 controller. The controller just feels
> uncomfortable in my hands

Because you're not used to it, pure and simple. I have the same problem with anything other than a DualShock - even the Sidewinder pad on my PC.

, and the position of all the buttons/sticks just makes
> my wrists hurt after a short time (RSI).

Crap. You can only get RSI after prolonged, short, repetitive movements - not 5 minutes on an unfamiliar controller. Incidentally, frequent gameplay is likely to result in RSI for *all* of us in the future, regardless of console.

> If you've got short and stumpy hands then you're alright.

More crap. I have large hands and find the DualShock immensely comfortable. I had trouble with both my cousins N64 pad, and the Dreamcast pad when I used a pod at the locl cinema. But again, it's more than likely because it differs from what I'm used to, rather than any major design fault.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.