GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Link looks gay!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker'.
Sun 04/05/03 at 14:22
Regular
I played on the wind waker last night for a little bit and it struck me how camp Link looks and acts when cell shaded. The colours make him look like a small fat version of Hey Arnold. Also he runs and tiptoes around like a damn fairy - cell shading has killed the looks of the game I recon. If you check out the back of the game cover you see the wind waker graphics on the left and the ocarina of time graphics on the right - the graphics on hte right are far superiour and make Link look a bit less gay (even in the picture where he is playing the ocarina/eating a blue taco).

However the gold coloured disc and bonus disc are nice touches and the storyline and gameplay seems excellent so far. I honestly recon the graphics don't work but maybe cell shading is the way of the future. At the risk of sounding like a whiney old man, I shall flee now and prepare to be manhunted by all you Nintys.
Mon 05/05/03 at 09:53
Regular
Yea, it's a good game, no doubt but Link does run a little funny, he moves his arms just up to his elbows and the rest is straight (from elbow to shoulder).
Mon 05/05/03 at 08:37
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
It's an amazing game. Engrossing, perfectly designed and far exceeds my expectations.

Yup, I have to say- no game has come this close to 'perfection'.
Mon 05/05/03 at 02:27
Regular
Dringo wrote:
and have you noticed how many
> enemies you get on the screen at one time.

Later on in the game when you have the equipment, enter the cavern on Shark Island and prepare to fight your way through about 100 enemies; with upto 20 on screen at one time.

It's fantastic.
Mon 05/05/03 at 01:02
Regular
For some reason I really like the look of the inside of the potion shop on Windfall Island.

All da pwitty colours.

I turned on the Big wheel ride on Windfall Island tonight and then lit the lighthouse. It looks so damn pant spankingly fantastic now.

God this game is so amazing.

They gotta keep the same graphical style for all future Zelda games on the Cube (let's hope they're making the next one already) it's just so damn amazing. To think I ever doubted Miyamoto, then again a lot of people are doing the same thing with the new look for Mario Kart.

I have faith that Nintendo know what they're doing.
Mon 05/05/03 at 00:52
Regular
Arck it's like what my brother said... "Go play with your childish cartoon".... I smiled and said "One day... when you realize games are supposed to be fun and not realistic... then you'll understand" and I went to play my childish cartoon.

Link facial expression and the way the enviroments feel ALIVE is far surpassed the static and often pre-rendered backdrops of the previous 3D Zelda installments. Naturally jaw dropping in its time I have never played a game so addictivly, smile enducing good looking as this.

The only criticism graphically is that when you're sailing and there isn't much to look at but sea and your destination in the horizon I have to say it bores me graphically. Although floating by the Volcanoe was a nice touch...

Oh and those fairy... wind... purple explosion techniques are well done... I get transfixed by them... and have you noticed how many enemies you get on the screen at one time. Anymore and I'd think I was playing Pikmin.
Sun 04/05/03 at 23:41
Regular
Now I know my ABCs, come and sing along with me
Sun 04/05/03 at 23:34
Regular
The graphics are awesome. Superb animation, slowdown only where intentional (as you attack, and to great effect may I add), a huge immersive world, vibrant colours and a unique style - what more could you want? In my mind - these deserve real recognition among gamers.

And then.. some idiot comes along and calls them gay. I'm not attacking Kyz here - he's put forward his opinion in a suitable way and he's entitled to it - I'm attacking the people that dismiss the game on these grounds. Like them or not - it's a bold step for gaming graphics, and there's no denying the quality of the gameplay. What annoys me is that some people won't buy this game because of childish reasons such as 'it's for little kiddies', 'it doesn't look realistic', etc.

When will people learn?
Sun 04/05/03 at 22:42
Regular
Bored now.
Sun 04/05/03 at 22:42
Regular
"Festivus!"
Lets just abuse Kyz and his stupidity.

And it is Link, so shh.

It's just not the SAME link, and neither is the link from ALTTP (or so I've been told)
Sun 04/05/03 at 22:33
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Kyz22 wrote:
The colours make him look like a small fat version of Hey Arnold.

Muppet.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.