GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Link looks gay!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker'.
Sun 04/05/03 at 14:22
Regular
I played on the wind waker last night for a little bit and it struck me how camp Link looks and acts when cell shaded. The colours make him look like a small fat version of Hey Arnold. Also he runs and tiptoes around like a damn fairy - cell shading has killed the looks of the game I recon. If you check out the back of the game cover you see the wind waker graphics on the left and the ocarina of time graphics on the right - the graphics on hte right are far superiour and make Link look a bit less gay (even in the picture where he is playing the ocarina/eating a blue taco).

However the gold coloured disc and bonus disc are nice touches and the storyline and gameplay seems excellent so far. I honestly recon the graphics don't work but maybe cell shading is the way of the future. At the risk of sounding like a whiney old man, I shall flee now and prepare to be manhunted by all you Nintys.
Mon 05/05/03 at 16:55
Regular
Yeah, cookie I'm around the same area where u are, now I'm about 2 go into the forbidden woods (or should I say Lost woods). I hope they kept the same music for the woods bit!
Mon 05/05/03 at 13:39
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Even seeing its hard skin cracking as you give it a whack looks mighty pretty. Its great stuff, well implemented. The light effects are great as well. As are the bomb explosions, i pick them up whenever i can just to watch them blow.

Great stuff.
Mon 05/05/03 at 13:37
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Bah. That was Tóm.
Mon 05/05/03 at 13:37
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I think the new graphics make it less boring. This means I've actually played it for longer than a few hours, unlike the last one.

But everyone has their own opinions. I first thought it looked a bit rubbish until I got used to it.
Mon 05/05/03 at 13:35
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I know what you mean cookie. When the thing below the dragon explodes with all those lovely curlicues.. yum..

As for Pokémon GC, I can definitly see it working. However, it might further cement the "fact" that Pokémon games are only for under 5's in the SonyFanboy/JoeAverage subconscious though. But nuts to what those depraved morons think, Pokémon GC would always sell by the shed load whatever it looked like and as soon as Ninty realises this (I dont want some crap thing where I can look at my Pokémon's stats) the better.
Mon 05/05/03 at 13:29
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
*Roost.

Damn uni keyboards.
Mon 05/05/03 at 13:29
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I beat the boss in Dragon Rost last night, it looked amazing.
Mon 05/05/03 at 13:25
"Uzi Lover"
I was thinking yesterday that the graphics engine featured in The Wind Waker would compliment a Pokemon GC game excellently.

Don't you think?
Mon 05/05/03 at 13:20
Regular
"Selected"
I'm glad that things were changed for Wind Waker. The graphics are something new and Nintendo are obviously experiementing which is great. It's not as if every Zelda game from now on will turn out like this so just calm down.

However, I can't help but think that the realistic graphics shown at an E3 exhibition a while back showing Zelda fighting were decided againet because the series was starting to become quite dark. I think the series was changed to appeal to a younger auidience again. Still, as brilliant as Nintendo are, it still appeals to everyone.

AND...

Whoever in this topic said that an RPG is about gaining levels and experience points is just wrong. Zelda on the NES was an RPG and there was no such thing as levels. Games like that and similar ones on the SNES/Megadrive made the RPG genre. Not games like Baldurs Gate...
Mon 05/05/03 at 12:00
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:

> Later on in the game when you have the equipment, enter the cavern on
> Shark Island and prepare to fight your way through about 100 enemies;
> with upto 20 on screen at one time.
>

I did that last night. Gets so fecking hectic at times, specially when you got about 5 of those armoured up Knights.

I just busted out the hurricane sword thingy and whooped their as-ses.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.