GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Link looks gay!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker'.
Sun 04/05/03 at 14:22
Regular
I played on the wind waker last night for a little bit and it struck me how camp Link looks and acts when cell shaded. The colours make him look like a small fat version of Hey Arnold. Also he runs and tiptoes around like a damn fairy - cell shading has killed the looks of the game I recon. If you check out the back of the game cover you see the wind waker graphics on the left and the ocarina of time graphics on the right - the graphics on hte right are far superiour and make Link look a bit less gay (even in the picture where he is playing the ocarina/eating a blue taco).

However the gold coloured disc and bonus disc are nice touches and the storyline and gameplay seems excellent so far. I honestly recon the graphics don't work but maybe cell shading is the way of the future. At the risk of sounding like a whiney old man, I shall flee now and prepare to be manhunted by all you Nintys.
Sun 04/05/03 at 16:07
Regular
Cubist wrote:
> I agree to a certain extent with KYZ. The graphics look really, really
> cartoony and it is hard to get involved in a game and wanting to stab
> something when it is cutely rounded off with primary colours and kiddy
> graphics. It is definitely one of the games most distinctive features
> but I'm not sure it was the right choice.

Zelda is one of the most immersive games I've played. The graphics just add to this. Playing for hours, sailing the sea, it just feels like you're doing it, not playing a game

Seriously, some of you people surprise me. Letting graphics (especially such amazing looking graphics) get in the way of possibly one of the greatest games ever.
Sun 04/05/03 at 16:03
Regular
Kyz22 wrote:
> It seems
> that gaming developers reached 'near-reality' with titles like Vice
> City and Pro Evo 2

Again, those titles don't actually look very good at all. Don't get me wrong, they're great games, but the Wind Waker runs rings around.

I'm not being bias, I enjoy games on all 3 consoles, but when I see people saying VC, Pro Evo 2 and the Getaway look amazing, it surprises me. They look fairly mediocre and certainly nothing special. I'm even more surprised when people say the Wind Waker looks bad.
Sun 04/05/03 at 16:01
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I agree to a certain extent with KYZ. The graphics look really, really cartoony and it is hard to get involved in a game and wanting to stab something when it is cutely rounded off with primary colours and kiddy graphics. It is definitely one of the games most distinctive features but I'm not sure it was the right choice.
Sun 04/05/03 at 15:58
Regular
No offence Kyz, but you have strange taste. You don't like Metroid Prime or Eternal Darkness, two of the best games out today, and you're saying the Wind Waker's looks have spoiled Zelda?

Wind Waker is the best looking game in these last 2 years, by far, the bosses look amazing and the landscapes a fantastic, along with everything else.

:-\
Sun 04/05/03 at 15:38
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
cookie monster wrote:
> Its a bit like buffy the vampire slayer.

But without the excuse for breastage and high kicks in short skirts.
Sun 04/05/03 at 15:36
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
El Juicy wrote:
> That's not even Link, it's a young elf boy. It's also a long time
> after the Ocarina, so i doubt Link's even alive, yet i'm sure the game
> will suprise me as i go along.

Well it is link. A new Link is born when evil comes.

Its a bit like buffy the vampire slayer.
Sun 04/05/03 at 15:32
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
That's not even Link, it's a young elf boy. It's also a long time after the Ocarina, so i doubt Link's even alive, yet i'm sure the game will suprise me as i go along.
Sun 04/05/03 at 15:23
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Hehe
Sun 04/05/03 at 15:08
Regular
*waves Zelda flag*
Sun 04/05/03 at 15:07
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Kyz22 wrote:
> Obviously taken VERY much to heart. What a friggin' gimp dude, Link is
> an animated character you have to need to defend him!

Heck, you feel the need to call the animated character gay so I'd be quiet if I were you...

Fact is that Zelda works wonderfully like this, it's a totally different experience from any game I've seen. The graphics, music, gameplay all combine to make it truly excellent and show that Shigsy is a gaming genius.

And the fact that these words are coming from someone who wouldn't have touched a Cube with a bargepole until two weeks ago should mean a lot, Zelda was the game that convinced me I had to get one of these ! :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.