GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Link looks gay!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker'.
Sun 04/05/03 at 14:22
Regular
I played on the wind waker last night for a little bit and it struck me how camp Link looks and acts when cell shaded. The colours make him look like a small fat version of Hey Arnold. Also he runs and tiptoes around like a damn fairy - cell shading has killed the looks of the game I recon. If you check out the back of the game cover you see the wind waker graphics on the left and the ocarina of time graphics on the right - the graphics on hte right are far superiour and make Link look a bit less gay (even in the picture where he is playing the ocarina/eating a blue taco).

However the gold coloured disc and bonus disc are nice touches and the storyline and gameplay seems excellent so far. I honestly recon the graphics don't work but maybe cell shading is the way of the future. At the risk of sounding like a whiney old man, I shall flee now and prepare to be manhunted by all you Nintys.
Sun 04/05/03 at 14:22
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I played on the wind waker last night for a little bit and it struck me how camp Link looks and acts when cell shaded. The colours make him look like a small fat version of Hey Arnold. Also he runs and tiptoes around like a damn fairy - cell shading has killed the looks of the game I recon. If you check out the back of the game cover you see the wind waker graphics on the left and the ocarina of time graphics on the right - the graphics on hte right are far superiour and make Link look a bit less gay (even in the picture where he is playing the ocarina/eating a blue taco).

However the gold coloured disc and bonus disc are nice touches and the storyline and gameplay seems excellent so far. I honestly recon the graphics don't work but maybe cell shading is the way of the future. At the risk of sounding like a whiney old man, I shall flee now and prepare to be manhunted by all you Nintys.
Sun 04/05/03 at 14:24
Regular
"  "
I think they are better.

Sun 04/05/03 at 14:25
Regular
Well you look like a knob but we don't complain.
Sun 04/05/03 at 14:26
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
'Recon' has an entirely different meaning to the way you were using it.

:-P

And who cares what the graphics look like as long as the game is good?
Sun 04/05/03 at 14:26
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I also think the graphics are miles better, the quality of the facial expressions is breathtaking.
Sun 04/05/03 at 14:28
Regular
"All about the Beats"
I think there great graphics.
Sun 04/05/03 at 14:28
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Well you look like a knob but we don't complain.#

Obviously taken VERY much to heart. What a friggin' gimp dude, Link is an animated character you have to need to defend him!
Sun 04/05/03 at 14:30
Regular
You're right, I have been too quick to judge.

You may be visually impaired, or just stupid.
Sun 04/05/03 at 14:30
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
cookie monster wrote:
the quality of the facial expressions is breathtaking.

That is ture but I think the backdrops aren't as good as the ocarina of time.
Sun 04/05/03 at 14:31
Regular
"aliens exist"
ok, for the millionth time zelda ww isnt cel shaded, its a new technique called 'toonrendering',

cel shading is where you have a cellm 9object) which has a black border marking the outlline of a cell, and it is shaded in, thus its cell shaded, zelda ww doesnt have black borders and uses toon rendering to allow greater movement and expressions, etc, etc, and the phrase toon rendering is what nintendo are officially calling the grpahics, ok, so its not cel shaded,

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.