GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another Plane has hit New York"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/11/01 at 14:58
Regular
turn on your TVs now
another plane has just hit new york and upto four buildings are on fire
and its almost the same time as when it happened on the 11th
9am ish
Mon 12/11/01 at 16:04
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
246 people dead.
246 families suddenly have to deal with that loss when this morning everything was fine.

Other than that? Wait and see.
Mon 12/11/01 at 16:03
Regular
Accidents happen, and when they do happen on this sort of scale, you must reflect, study and learn, not accuse, maim and murder more inocents, just in case.
Mon 12/11/01 at 16:03
Regular
Craw wrote:
> Same way as yer exhaust falls off your car, I imagine.

Shouldn't happen with a plane though.

The amount of checks and stuff they do before each flight - in theory nothing should ever go wrong with a plane while it's in the air, unless humans intervene of course.

It's not like a car where it gets a quick service every 30,000 miles.
Mon 12/11/01 at 16:02
"I hate that!!!"
sorry. I'm just as puzzled as everyone else is.
Mon 12/11/01 at 16:01
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
doghnut monster wrote:
> How is an engine going to fall of a plane? it just doesn't add up

Shut up.
Try and get 2+2 to add up before you start trying to enter the arena of world politics ok?

Ok.
Mon 12/11/01 at 16:01
"I hate that!!!"
Tony Blair has reacted with horror to the latest air crash

He told reporters his "thoughts and prayers" are with the American people after a jet crashed in the borough of Queens.

"All I would like to say at this juncture is of course that our thoughts and prayers are with the families of the victims and with the American people."

He was speaking to reporters in his Downing Street offices after talks with India's Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee.

"We simply don't know any more details than that at this time...I don't think it is sensible of us, on the basis of the information which have, to speculate further."

this is form channel5.co.uk
Mon 12/11/01 at 16:00
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Same way as yer exhaust falls off your car, I imagine.
Mon 12/11/01 at 15:58
"I hate that!!!"
How is an engine going to fall of a plane? it just doesn't add up
Mon 12/11/01 at 15:54
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Your Honour wrote:
> Oh dear, here we go.

And I mean Goaty vs Dognuts, not anything else....

Nope, I came to the realisation that you can shout until you're blue in the face, sometimes people will just stand there picking their nose and waiting for Neighbours to start.

The only info I can find about the crash is that "engine failure" is the most likely reason so far.

And I ain't gonna fight with Dognuts.
No point.
Mon 12/11/01 at 15:53
Regular
Found this at www.latimes.com:

American Airlines Jet Crashes in N.Y.

By DIEGO IBARGUEN, Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK -- An American Airlines jetliner on its way to the Dominican Republic crashed moments after takeoff today in a residential neighborhood five miles from Kennedy Airport, authorities said. There was no immediate word on deaths or injuries.

The city was put on high alert, Mayor Rudolph Giuliani said. Fighter jets were seen flying over the area.

Bill Schumann of the Federal Aviation Administration said there was no immediate indication of what caused the crash, which came two months after two hijacked airliners brought down the World Trade Center.

All metropolitan area airports-- Kennedy, LaGuardia and Newark, N.J.-- were closed after the crash, which took place in the Rockaway section of Queens. All bridges and tunnels into the city were closed except to emergency vehicles.

Flight 587, an Airbus A300 that can hold 275 people, went down shortly after 9 a.m in the waterfront neighborhood 15 miles from Manhattan, setting buildings on fire. A plume of thick, black smoke could be seen miles away. There was no immediate word on the number of people aboard the plane.

A U.S. official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said intelligence agencies, the FBI and the Federal Aviation Administration were reviewing all recent intelligence for any signs that terrorism was involved, but an hour after the crash there was no evidence pointing to an attack.

"They are comparing information to see if it provides any insight into what transpired. At this point, there's no indication of a terrorist attack, but it certainly can't be ruled out in the current environment," the official said.

Giuliani canceled his morning events and headed to the scene.

"Now we should focus all ourt efforts on finding survivors," the mayor said. Asked what he thought when he heard about the crash, he said: "Oh my God, Oh my God, and I just passed a church where I attended 10 funerals."

Triage centers were set up a high school and an elementary school, both of which were closed for the Veterans Day holiday.

Planes were being diverted to other airports, and Delta Air Lines spokeswoman Peggy Estes said the airline was working to account for all its planes.

The plane had been scheduled to leave at 8 a.m. and arrive in Santo Domingo at 12:48 p.m.

One witness reported debris falling from sky and told the Fox News Channel four homes were on fire.

"All of the sudden, I see an engine fall off, and it went to the side, and in 10, 15 seconds it went down," witness Kevin O'Rourke told WABC-TV. "An engine fell off."

Witness Phyllis Paul heard the engine. "It was very, very loud. Because of what happened Sept. 11, it gave me a chill," she told CNN. "It was getting louder and louder and I looked out the window. I saw a piece of metal falling from the sky."

The World Trade Center was destroyed by two Boeing 767s hijacked out of Boston's Logan Airport. One of the planes was operated by American, the other by United.

Airbus said American Airlines has a fleet of 35 A300s.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.