GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rare's Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/05/03 at 09:29
Regular
Xbox is getting a Conker game.

With Online play. (I think)

Only it's a team based shooter.

Bah! That's not Conker.

On the other hand, Grabbed by the Ghoulies looks to be a decent game.
Mon 19/05/03 at 00:27
Regular
So many GameCube owners (including Mav) have complained about Halo being 'just another FPS' yet a as soon as a GameCube exclusive game which doesn't do anything new for the genre is announced it suddenly becomes big news. If the titles on the Front Covers were changed and moved to a Nintendo console I could 'GUARENTEE' that the games would be looked upon in a completley different manner. I find this quite sad to be honest as there are lots of great games go to waste on other consoles due to the fact that people don't like the console they are on or because their favourite company isn't backing the title. This happened when Microsoft bought Rare and it will continue to happen.
Sun 18/05/03 at 23:32
Regular
I have to agree partially with Alastair, from what i've seen all Geist is, is an average 1st person shooter with a few clever ideas.

Still, it's got a long way to go in development so hopefully things will look up.

Pikmin 2 on the other hand is gonna be brilliant, after playing the first game I can't wait to get some more Pikmin action.
Sun 18/05/03 at 23:28
Regular
Innovative? Geist is a FPS game that doesn't offer anything new to the genre from what I have seen and read. Pikimn is VERY innovative but then again so could the Conker FPS game and the other Platform game that was announced.
Sun 18/05/03 at 23:27
Regular
I'm getting an Xbox remember. I thought they would, but Rare's new games really don't excite.

Not saying if I saw shots of a new Banjo platformer that i wouldn't get excited. Even if it did get a muted reception i'd be excited about it anyway.

No doubt i'll be checking out Conker and Kameo...oh and maybe Ghoulies, but they still really don't look 'that' good. Certainly nowhere near the standard of the games the old Rare used to release on N64. Anyway I don't wanna judge the games fully before I play them, but I think the rather muted reception they got at E3 says it all really.
Sun 18/05/03 at 23:17
Regular

None of the Rare games announced have been out of the ordinary, let alone as innovative as the likes of Pikmin or Geist.
Sun 18/05/03 at 23:04
Regular
Its funny how some Nintendo fans critise any game released on the Xbox from RARE that might be a bit out of the ordinary. However when games like Pikmin and Geist were announced there are hundreds of posts saying how amazing the game will be. It makes me laugh sometimes :)
Sun 18/05/03 at 22:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hmm. I shall have to get this on my non-existent XBox. Never played the first.

*hangs head in shame*
Sun 18/05/03 at 22:28
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> I am gutted they haven't continued the jaw dropping ending to CBFD.

Patience man, if you think about it, most Xbox owners won't have played the N64 original...

Rare perhaps want to bring them up to speed while making it worth the veteran's while by giving them an extended multiplayer.
I'm sure that a true sequel is well in the works.
Sun 18/05/03 at 17:15
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> No because that was way before Rare left Nintendo.
>
> It was referring to the game and hell did it hit home, I was gutted
> that the game had finished.

"I guess it's true what they say, the grass is always greener... and you don't know what you truly have until it's gone...

gone...

gone..."

And then the almost silent credits.

A room filled with 7 people watched the finale of Conker and they were all silent and watched the full credits...

How can a game that is so silly and funny depress a room filled with teenagers.

Stunning absolutly stunning.
Sun 18/05/03 at 12:25
Regular
No because that was way before Rare left Nintendo.

It was referring to the game and hell did it hit home, I was gutted that the game had finished.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.