GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rare's Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/05/03 at 09:29
Regular
Xbox is getting a Conker game.

With Online play. (I think)

Only it's a team based shooter.

Bah! That's not Conker.

On the other hand, Grabbed by the Ghoulies looks to be a decent game.
Tue 13/05/03 at 12:55
Regular
Hmmmmm

On one hand it looks really cool, on the other hand I don't know if it's gonna work as a full game.

From the screenshots it basically looks like they've taken the War multiplayer mode from Bad Fur Day and expanded it into a full game. It could be good but I doubt it's gonna have much single player value so it's looking like being an Xbox Live only game.

Quite where all the Conker style humour is gonna end up I don't know, damn you Rare why didn't you just make a platformer?
Tue 13/05/03 at 11:09
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I’m not particularly impressed with the first shots of Conker: Live and Uncut. It’s as if someone has said, “Lets take a naff mini-game from Bad Fur Day, give it some poor visuals and release it as a full game with online options.”

It still has some development time left to improve it I suppose, but it don't look too great.
Tue 13/05/03 at 11:00
Regular
"not dead"
Black Glove wrote:

> I've always thought that Rare should scrap Banjo & Kazooie and
> replace them with a new dymanic duo - "Short & Curly",
> and give the game that Conker's 'rudeness'.

:o) Yep.

I reckon that's why this new Conker game doesn't seem right. If it's all shooting, then half of that will either go out of the window, or be used only in cut-scenes. Surely any Conker game should involve jumping platforms with your spinning tail, and peeing onfire imps.

Gamespot have got pics of both games, probably other sites have too.
Tue 13/05/03 at 10:44
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> On the other hand, Grabbed by the Ghoulies looks to be a decent game.

:D

I've always thought that Rare should scrap Banjo & Kazooie and replace them with a new dymanic duo - "Short & Curly", and give the game that Conker's 'rudeness'.
Tue 13/05/03 at 09:29
Regular
"not dead"
Xbox is getting a Conker game.

With Online play. (I think)

Only it's a team based shooter.

Bah! That's not Conker.

On the other hand, Grabbed by the Ghoulies looks to be a decent game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.