GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A half-arsed E3 and Mario Kart's too slow......"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/05/03 at 11:58
Regular
What's up with that?

Anyone who's paid any attention to the Ninty side of E3 this year would have to be a fanboy to not agree that it's been a total non-event. An extreme lack of any really big announcements other than some complete cashin Pokemon games and some terrible GBA link-up things.

What's going on with Nintendo?

They say they've adopted a more aggressive approach an then they attend the biggest gaming show in the world and there wasn't a single thing on show that was really good that we hadn't seen before. Sony announce the Playstation portable, new Gran Turismo game, new MGS game, they announce a massive deal with EA for exclusive rights to the online sports line-up. Microsoft unveil Halo 2, Doom 3 amongst other things.

Where's all the amazing 1st party support from Nintendo?

Oh and to rub salt in the wounds, every single person at IGN says that Mario Kart is too slow.
Mon 19/05/03 at 10:11
Regular
If anything, it was improved (graphically anyway).
Mon 19/05/03 at 09:49
Regular
Mr.Link your trying to say that Wind Waker was spoilt by cel-shading?
Sun 18/05/03 at 22:34
Regular
Cel-shading does not spoil!
Sun 18/05/03 at 19:45
Regular
i like the karts 2 especially the idea of the 2nd person being able to direct shots at your opponents and all this tak of it being too slow compared to most racing games such as XG3 and burnout it has always seemed slow so theres no real change at least it isnt spoilt by cel shading
Sun 18/05/03 at 18:22
Regular
I like the new karts. At first I didn't like them but after watching the last 3 MK clips theres been, I think they look really good. The pics just made them look really big though and thats what put me off. I don't remember seeing the wheels steer on the previous 2 MK's though. That looks pretty cool.
Sun 18/05/03 at 18:13
Regular
Mario Kart was never *that* quick though...

I'd liked to have seen the wacky racers style thing done in a non-mario kart license.
They could have still used the ninty characters and stuff, but not racing kart-ish tracks and not under the name mario kart.
Then we could have had a proper karting mario kart too.

'Separate but equal'
I'm telling you, it's the way to go
:^D

(Note to people who get that reference, I don't really)
Sun 18/05/03 at 18:01
Regular
DeadMetal wrote:
> Wow. Someone actually wrote something to do with the topic (and not
> this Metalicchild c*&p)

I find Metalicchild distinctly average

:^)
Sun 18/05/03 at 17:49
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Damarus wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> DeadMetal wrote:
> I'll ask one more time:
>
> WHAT THE HELL IS THE CHICKEN?
>
> It's what I'm having for dinner...
>
> smells lovely.
>
> :D
>
> Hey I'm going to eat my chicken now!
>
> and P.s. I just watched the MK footage and it doesn't look slow.

Wow. Someone actually wrote something to do with the topic (and not this Metalicchild c*&p)
Sun 18/05/03 at 17:47
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> DeadMetal wrote:
> I'll ask one more time:
>
> WHAT THE HELL IS THE CHICKEN?
>
> It's what I'm having for dinner...
>
> smells lovely.
>
> :D

Hey I'm going to eat my chicken now!

and P.s. I just watched the MK footage and it doesn't look slow.
Sun 18/05/03 at 17:46
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Just go away MetallicDickhead.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.