GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My opinion on that new Matrix game..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Enter the Matrix'.
Tue 20/05/03 at 15:19
Regular
...well, the PS2 version anyway.

What a load of crap. It's one of the most boring and repetitive games I've ever played. It was fun jumping about in slow-mo for a bit, but then it lost it's appeal after I'd killed about 100 guards - just by pressing a few buttons in the same combination. Not my cup of tea at all. the driving bit was a let-down too. The first one only lasted about a minute, then it was onto the same running, jumping, kicking nonsense as before.

And the graphics! How they passed this off as a PS2 game is beyond me. I honestly thought some cut-scenes were ripped straight out of Driver from the PS1! Bad textures, characters and dodgy camera positions just added to the boredom. No, this game wasn't the "One" for me I'm afraid.

Now, that Ninja Turtles game on the other hand...
Tue 20/05/03 at 16:32
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Why did Max Payne lick balls?
Tue 20/05/03 at 16:28
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I thought Max Payne licked balls so I shall not consider getting this anymore. Just seems like the hype with the film etc had this one rushed a bit to get it here in time.

There is so much potential for a great Matrix game yet I doubt we will see one.

Now the A-Team, a game based on that would be the best thing ever.EVER.

Can the newsmonkey e-mail developers and tell them to make one please?
Tue 20/05/03 at 16:23
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Better than The Getaway.

Exactly.
It's a big stupid fighty run-run game that doesn't break new boundaries but still isn't as shabby as most movie tie-ins.
Max Payne did it better 2 years ago, but it's still your very own little bit of Matrix coolness.

And Max Payne 2 is out this year
*rubs hands*
Tue 20/05/03 at 16:21
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I take the PS2 version for what it is - a big slice of dumb, moronic fun that I'll probably be bored of in two weeks. But I'm still enjoying it. Had to stop playing last night because I got to the freeway bit and don't want to spoil the film. Besides, it's better than the Getaway.

The driving bits smoke pole, however. It's more luck that you actually get through them.
Tue 20/05/03 at 15:58
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Odd because the PC version is good fun. No glitches, 5.1 rumble sound surround and various other goodies.
Still, you play a console game you gets yer money's worth.
Tue 20/05/03 at 15:48
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
wow, and when I trash an even lesser product it gets deleted and all traces of the review removed! (except in my head - I'm pretty sure I know what's going on in there).
Tue 20/05/03 at 15:48
Regular
"Omnipresent"
BBC site gave Enter The Matrix 9/10! hahahaha, fools.
Tue 20/05/03 at 15:47
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Ninja Turtles?

Are you American?

No.

Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles

Much better.

Michaelangelo
Donatello
Leonardo
Raphael

And you had:
Shredder.
Krang.
Bebok.
Rocksteady.
Splinter.
April O'Neil

Ahhhh, the memories!
Tue 20/05/03 at 15:42
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
monkey_man wrote:
> What a load of crap.

I tried to warn you...
http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/reviews/ customer.php?code=WV5272&page=2#FantasyMeister

(First GAD I ever one for totally trashing a game).
Tue 20/05/03 at 15:19
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
...well, the PS2 version anyway.

What a load of crap. It's one of the most boring and repetitive games I've ever played. It was fun jumping about in slow-mo for a bit, but then it lost it's appeal after I'd killed about 100 guards - just by pressing a few buttons in the same combination. Not my cup of tea at all. the driving bit was a let-down too. The first one only lasted about a minute, then it was onto the same running, jumping, kicking nonsense as before.

And the graphics! How they passed this off as a PS2 game is beyond me. I honestly thought some cut-scenes were ripped straight out of Driver from the PS1! Bad textures, characters and dodgy camera positions just added to the boredom. No, this game wasn't the "One" for me I'm afraid.

Now, that Ninja Turtles game on the other hand...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.