GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My opinion on that new Matrix game..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Enter the Matrix'.
Tue 20/05/03 at 15:19
Regular
...well, the PS2 version anyway.

What a load of crap. It's one of the most boring and repetitive games I've ever played. It was fun jumping about in slow-mo for a bit, but then it lost it's appeal after I'd killed about 100 guards - just by pressing a few buttons in the same combination. Not my cup of tea at all. the driving bit was a let-down too. The first one only lasted about a minute, then it was onto the same running, jumping, kicking nonsense as before.

And the graphics! How they passed this off as a PS2 game is beyond me. I honestly thought some cut-scenes were ripped straight out of Driver from the PS1! Bad textures, characters and dodgy camera positions just added to the boredom. No, this game wasn't the "One" for me I'm afraid.

Now, that Ninja Turtles game on the other hand...
Wed 21/05/03 at 13:28
Regular
"aliens exist"
nothings wrong with repetition.
Wed 21/05/03 at 12:50
Regular
"8==="
what's wrong with repetition?
Wed 21/05/03 at 12:50
Regular
"8==="
Wed 21/05/03 at 12:49
Regular
"8==="
Wed 21/05/03 at 07:59
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
the_aoe_slaught wrote:
> I only have a bad opinion for it because i haven't played it, but if i
> do play it i'll love it.
>
> I like repeptive games.

Don't judge until you play it, that's just ignorance.

Great, now I sound like Michael Jackson :\
Wed 21/05/03 at 07:59
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
The nightmare scenes in the first one were crap. I hope they get rid of them and we get helicopters, glass buildings to jump out of and giant wall leaps :D

Then it can probably own ETM :)
Wed 21/05/03 at 07:39
Regular
Mmmm, Max Payne 2. I can't wait.
Tue 20/05/03 at 20:15
Regular
"\\"
I only have a bad opinion for it because i haven't played it, but if i do play it i'll love it.

I like repeptive games.
Tue 20/05/03 at 18:55
Regular
I played it in VIrgin yesterday, and although I loved walking into a room filled with guys trying to shoot me and me running around the walls messing around whilst the shot the air, I eventually tired of it after 3 minutes because I didn't like the controls.
Tue 20/05/03 at 18:31
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
They could have made a really crappy exact copy of the film but at least it's one step beyond other rubbish movie tie-ins. It is based on a big licence, but that doesn't make it a cash-in, at least not in my opinion. After seeing a few more reviews for it, I think the general consensus is that it's not a bad game by any means, just not an amazing one. I'm starting to see how some people can call it repetetive though, but it doesn't bother me because I like the on foot bits. Kicky punchy bang bang.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.