GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My opinion on that new Matrix game..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Enter the Matrix'.
Tue 20/05/03 at 15:19
Regular
...well, the PS2 version anyway.

What a load of crap. It's one of the most boring and repetitive games I've ever played. It was fun jumping about in slow-mo for a bit, but then it lost it's appeal after I'd killed about 100 guards - just by pressing a few buttons in the same combination. Not my cup of tea at all. the driving bit was a let-down too. The first one only lasted about a minute, then it was onto the same running, jumping, kicking nonsense as before.

And the graphics! How they passed this off as a PS2 game is beyond me. I honestly thought some cut-scenes were ripped straight out of Driver from the PS1! Bad textures, characters and dodgy camera positions just added to the boredom. No, this game wasn't the "One" for me I'm afraid.

Now, that Ninja Turtles game on the other hand...
Thu 22/05/03 at 12:44
Regular
"QPR 1974"
Oh, Snuggly-boy, when are the Notable Elections, or are you changing the voting system?
Thu 22/05/03 at 12:43
Regular
"QPR 1974"
:D Heh
Thu 22/05/03 at 12:38
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
No, you're a dissapointment.
Thu 22/05/03 at 12:33
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
EL Robin wrote:
> Who asked for your opinion...

No-one, but I'm giving it to you so that you don't waste your money on it! The game was hardly pushing the envelope of gaming graphics now, was it!? And what's witht he saving/loading bits every time you go through a door? You're only met by the same dreary textures in the next room - even Red Faction had less loading times than this and more impressive freatures. For a movie licence that promised so much it is truly a disappointment.
Wed 21/05/03 at 20:52
Who asked for your opinion...
Well, i didnt, i think it is excellent, one of the best games i have ever played...
Wed 21/05/03 at 19:58
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Hedfix wrote:
> pardon? could you repeat that?

He said "nothing's wrong with repetition"!

Are you deaf? Or blind? But you can type.

Ah, sod it.

:D
Wed 21/05/03 at 19:52
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
I got the xbox version and was really dissapointed! I think that
they could have done much more with the licence. As for the graphics
I read an interview with the makers and they said that each version
would be the best the platform could do.
Wed 21/05/03 at 13:30
Regular
"8==="
pardon? could you repeat that?
Wed 21/05/03 at 13:29
Regular
"aliens exist"
nothings wrong with repetition.
Wed 21/05/03 at 13:29
Regular
"aliens exist"
nothings wrong with repetition

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.