GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My opinion on that new Matrix game..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Enter the Matrix'.
Tue 20/05/03 at 15:19
Regular
...well, the PS2 version anyway.

What a load of crap. It's one of the most boring and repetitive games I've ever played. It was fun jumping about in slow-mo for a bit, but then it lost it's appeal after I'd killed about 100 guards - just by pressing a few buttons in the same combination. Not my cup of tea at all. the driving bit was a let-down too. The first one only lasted about a minute, then it was onto the same running, jumping, kicking nonsense as before.

And the graphics! How they passed this off as a PS2 game is beyond me. I honestly thought some cut-scenes were ripped straight out of Driver from the PS1! Bad textures, characters and dodgy camera positions just added to the boredom. No, this game wasn't the "One" for me I'm afraid.

Now, that Ninja Turtles game on the other hand...
Tue 20/05/03 at 18:26
Regular
It is a cash in.

It's a very average game (IMO big pile of toss) that will sell stupidly well because of the license it has attached to it. If the game didn't have the Matrix name attached to it then no-one would give it the slightest bit of attention.
Tue 20/05/03 at 18:22
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
It's weird, because the only thing you can't do in ETM is the jumpy thing that Max Payne did. You can only do a gay little leap thing. I played it on GameCube today and was again annoyed by the whole strafing thing - having to push a button and a direction to strafe... grrr.
Tue 20/05/03 at 18:19
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If you got the Kung FU mod, he could run along walls and do all the things that I've seen people do in ETM.
Tue 20/05/03 at 18:14
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
It's not tacky at all. It's properly scripted with real cut-scenes, and people are only calling it a cash-in because it's making lots of money. They've been working on it for two years, hardly a rush-job is it?

And if I remember rightly, all Max Payne could do was fall over slightly in bullet-time, there was no cartwheeling or wall-running, just... sort of jumping then landing. But slowly.
Tue 20/05/03 at 17:25
Regular
"\\"
Hmmmm... Just as i thought... a tacky movie-game.

And speaking of rushed games... who wants to be a millionaire. That didn't have people in the game... just the question stands, oh how exciting(!)
Tue 20/05/03 at 17:09
Regular
Oh dear. So much for buying this. I've seen two opinions, and I've also seen two bad opinions. See what I'm getting at?
Tue 20/05/03 at 17:05
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Goatboy wrote:
> And Max Payne 2 is out this year
> *rubs hands*

http://www.maxpayne2.com

Yay, but at the same time hmmmm.
Tue 20/05/03 at 16:37
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Just thought it was very very average and the added bonus of the bullet time was poor.

There were some nice things about it, was something new but asides from the fun of jumping into bullet time and clearing the room of bad guys there was a pretty bland game which was too repetitive for my liking.

Oh and cheers for the vietcong recommendation, got it today and spent a while this morning before studying wandering around the jungle. Think I will enjoy it.
Cheers
Tue 20/05/03 at 16:36
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Max Payne PC was quite good, Max Payne console licked balls.

If you want a good Matrix game, I suggest Max Payne, and the Matrix mod.

Black trenchcoat, glasses, that bullet dodging thingy, it's all there.
Tue 20/05/03 at 16:35
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Goatboy wrote:
> Why did Max Payne lick balls?

He didn't ALWAYS lick balls, it's just that if you were on the 3rd subway level, then jumped and hit bullet time next to the dobermann...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.