GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forza 2"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Forza Motorsport 2'.
Sat 21/04/07 at 15:33
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
There's a new video of a 3-lap race on Mugello Circuit up on http://forzamotorsport.net, the official home of Forza Motorsport 2.

I downloaded it, viewed it a couple of times, and I'm at the stage where you really need to work hard to convice me that this is a videogame and not a TV replay. Not a jaggy in sight, no cardboard cut-out trees, no 2D crowds. It looks more real than real, if you get my drift.

The video can be found at the bottom of this webpage.

In other excrutiatingly exciting developments, the 24-car demo is due to leave the developers for certification early next week, so we might see the Forza 2 demo up on XBox Live pretty soon. I've no idea how long these things take, but end of this month is my guess, and that's only 9 days away!

The full car list is also now available, and I think I haven't anticipated a game this much since... I can't remember when I last anticipated a game this much.

Release date is still unknown, but I'd be surprised if I weren't tweaking tyre pressures on my Golf GTi 16v Mk2 at the end of May/early June.
Wed 02/05/07 at 19:46
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Pre-ordered this today so hopefully it wont get delayed any more.

Quite looking forward to seeing what it has to offer compared to the gran turismo games.
See some of you on live for a few races then when it comes out.
Wed 02/05/07 at 16:57
"possibly impossible"
Heh. I'd write a witty comeback, but you're probably right!

Well, I shall be getting the game at some point, so I'd be interested in giving you a race...
Wed 02/05/07 at 15:59
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I'll be sure to put that on a design i make for you pb, you'll get more use out of it :-D
Wed 02/05/07 at 15:36
"possibly impossible"
What, like 'honk as you pass me'? ;)

I'm really looking forward to this, if only to see it against GT HD and hopefully wonder what all the fuss is about on the Sony machine...
Sun 29/04/07 at 18:01
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
heh i'll put a special message on my cars after i've customised them right on the rear bumper so you can read it as i speed off into the distance and then mock you as only a New Yorker can.

Revenge for fantasy soccerball shall be mine!!!!!
Sun 29/04/07 at 16:36
Regular
oh my, that 720p vid is amazing. got the limited edition ordered a few weeks back.

kaw, i'm gonna whip yo ass on this.
Sat 21/04/07 at 16:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Video was pretty good, quite impressed with how the cars react to incidents on the track and actually show some intelligence (GT take note)

Just reading up on that website, some very nice features they're implementing, i think i'll be on this game ALOT.

My gamertag's Kawada23, feel free to add me FM and we can have some good racing action in Late May/Early June and you can buy my masterpieces :-D
Sat 21/04/07 at 15:56
Regular
I'm the other way around, I have trouble getting offline. Pile of decent offline games stacking up as usual here, but no, I keep getting dragged away to FFXI.

Hopefully Forza 2's Career Mode will correct this imbalance.
Sat 21/04/07 at 15:44
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Downloading it now, Forza 2 is one of the few games i'm really looking forward to at the moment and will probably get me back online regularly again (that and being able to use msn at the same time :-D)

Can't wait to have some proper racing and also to flog my designs online in the auction
Sat 21/04/07 at 15:33
Regular
There's a new video of a 3-lap race on Mugello Circuit up on http://forzamotorsport.net, the official home of Forza Motorsport 2.

I downloaded it, viewed it a couple of times, and I'm at the stage where you really need to work hard to convice me that this is a videogame and not a TV replay. Not a jaggy in sight, no cardboard cut-out trees, no 2D crowds. It looks more real than real, if you get my drift.

The video can be found at the bottom of this webpage.

In other excrutiatingly exciting developments, the 24-car demo is due to leave the developers for certification early next week, so we might see the Forza 2 demo up on XBox Live pretty soon. I've no idea how long these things take, but end of this month is my guess, and that's only 9 days away!

The full car list is also now available, and I think I haven't anticipated a game this much since... I can't remember when I last anticipated a game this much.

Release date is still unknown, but I'd be surprised if I weren't tweaking tyre pressures on my Golf GTi 16v Mk2 at the end of May/early June.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.