GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forza 2"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Forza Motorsport 2'.
Sat 21/04/07 at 15:33
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
There's a new video of a 3-lap race on Mugello Circuit up on http://forzamotorsport.net, the official home of Forza Motorsport 2.

I downloaded it, viewed it a couple of times, and I'm at the stage where you really need to work hard to convice me that this is a videogame and not a TV replay. Not a jaggy in sight, no cardboard cut-out trees, no 2D crowds. It looks more real than real, if you get my drift.

The video can be found at the bottom of this webpage.

In other excrutiatingly exciting developments, the 24-car demo is due to leave the developers for certification early next week, so we might see the Forza 2 demo up on XBox Live pretty soon. I've no idea how long these things take, but end of this month is my guess, and that's only 9 days away!

The full car list is also now available, and I think I haven't anticipated a game this much since... I can't remember when I last anticipated a game this much.

Release date is still unknown, but I'd be surprised if I weren't tweaking tyre pressures on my Golf GTi 16v Mk2 at the end of May/early June.
Thu 17/05/07 at 13:52
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Sounds impressive.
Looking forward too this more and more. Bought the original last week and have enjoyed playing through and upgrading the cars.
Thu 17/05/07 at 06:28
Regular
AliBoy wrote:
> Is it going to be like the first one where the car body parts are
> only going to be upgradable on certain cars?

Kinda. For example in Forza 2 you can change transmissions this time around as well as the entire engine, but only if the two are compatible.

So if there's a rear-wheel drive transmission that goes with an 1800-OHC engine that goes with a VW Golf, then you can slot that in and run it as a RWD instead of the usual 4WD. Same for every car and same for every type of upgrade - not all cars can get the same spoilers and so on.

In the ultimate homage to sheer tweakiness, even the size and type of wheel rims you select will affect your car's performance, not to mention the different profiles, tyre-pressures and compounds of the tires themselves.

Taking all upgrades into account results in, quite literally, millions of different setups for each individual car.
Wed 16/05/07 at 22:23
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Well they say you can customise all of them so hopefully yea
Wed 16/05/07 at 22:23
"possibly impossible"
Blockbuster are doing a deal on several games, including Forza 2. Trade in certain other games (including the now budget Fight Night 3 or Just Cause) and get Forza 2, Spiderman 3 or several other chart games for £9.99 each.

Now if you get Fight Night 3 from Play.com for £17.99, Forza 2 will only cost you £27.98 altogether. Bargain!
Wed 16/05/07 at 21:49
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Is it going to be like the first one where the car body parts are only going to be upgradable on certain cars?
Fri 11/05/07 at 00:14
Regular
pb wrote:
> Isn't the Aston already in the game? The GAME free car is
> definately the Nissan, it's on their UK website.

I was just talking about the fact we had a different car on the box to the americans :)
Thu 10/05/07 at 23:51
Regular
Tip:

Do a race, watch the replay. Set the replay to slo-mo. Use LB to switch the camera to the 2nd place car. Use the right analogue stick to fully rotate the camera around the second place car and track your own car with it as you slipstream, overtake and power off into the distance (or as I did, watch myself take out multiple opponents and cause a little destructive mayhem on lap two with some slightly non-standard racing lines).

I have to admit the camera control in replays is quite impressive, not just visually but from a sheer computational perspective.
Thu 10/05/07 at 13:28
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
pb wrote:

> It might be one of the 3 free ones in the Special Edition
> version, though...

The 3 extra cars will be:
2003 Ferrari Challenge Stradale
2006 Ford Saleen Mustang S281 E
2006 Subaru Impreza S204
Thu 10/05/07 at 13:14
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Shall be popping onto Live for the first time in ages then to get that :-D
Thu 10/05/07 at 12:48
Regular
Yup, it's on my 360 now too lol.

Word of caution, the demo is just a case pick a car and do 3 laps of Mugello, the only Forza-esque thing about it is the handling of the cars I guess. The other two components that made Forza so compelling are completely absent (paint-jobs and tuning) but will appear in the full game of course.

So whilst the demo might feel a little "Eh? Seen it all before" it's enough to convince me that the full game is definitely worth a buy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.