GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Skanks of Arcadia......"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Skies of Arcadia'.
Thu 22/05/03 at 14:50
Regular
Got it in the post this morning and at first I was anything but impressed. It just had Dreamcast game written all over it, further I got in the more I started to like it though.

The graphics aren't up to much, though they're never ugly (except in the bits where you're flying the ship). Ususally hate turn based combat but I gotta say this is quite fun, the special moves look bad-ass...well at least the one i've seen does.

So far so good, I can see it getting more involving the further in you play. So ummmm yeah, good game so far, I shall go and play some more in a bit.

One thing that made me laugh was playing hide and seek with the tard kids, for some reason they have the strange idea that if they stand behind a washing line with their legs clearly showing, then people can't see them.

In terms of hide and seek techniques, Zelda's kids win the first round :D
Fri 23/05/03 at 23:29
Regular
I mean the Wind Waker director.
Fri 23/05/03 at 23:27
Regular
Zelda's director
Fri 23/05/03 at 23:13
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Where did that come from?
Fri 23/05/03 at 22:54
Regular
A proper sequel to the wind waker may be in the next e3 might be next christmas but we'll see.
Fri 23/05/03 at 22:45
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I just got back to my home town, and it's in ruins.

*Sobs*

I spent about 10 minutes on that 2nd boss.

Didn't die once though, and haven't done yet, so I'm happy.

I know I haven't exactly done much yet, but that'll change tomorrow, when I plan to play the game for 5 hours.
Fri 23/05/03 at 20:10
"period drama"
Tried that.
Nothing ...

Maybe I'll do a few slidey-pieces puzzles and hope some cash explodes from a snobby butler's undermouth.
Fri 23/05/03 at 20:08
Regular
Go and chop some grass and smash some pots with your sword.

Might find some cash.
Fri 23/05/03 at 20:07
"period drama"
I hate being poor.
It's just no fun.
Fri 23/05/03 at 20:05
Regular
I hope so i've finished zelda, these games only come out after 2 or 3 years at least.... i want more RPG's with great storylines.
Fri 23/05/03 at 17:14
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
It's actually similar.

The battles can seem Final Fantasy-esque and the whole idea of travelling around using magic and the like makes the game seem very similar to Final Fantasy.

I'm liking it better than I ever liked any of the Final Fantasy games though.

YEY SKIES!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.