GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Skanks of Arcadia......"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Skies of Arcadia'.
Thu 22/05/03 at 14:50
Regular
Got it in the post this morning and at first I was anything but impressed. It just had Dreamcast game written all over it, further I got in the more I started to like it though.

The graphics aren't up to much, though they're never ugly (except in the bits where you're flying the ship). Ususally hate turn based combat but I gotta say this is quite fun, the special moves look bad-ass...well at least the one i've seen does.

So far so good, I can see it getting more involving the further in you play. So ummmm yeah, good game so far, I shall go and play some more in a bit.

One thing that made me laugh was playing hide and seek with the tard kids, for some reason they have the strange idea that if they stand behind a washing line with their legs clearly showing, then people can't see them.

In terms of hide and seek techniques, Zelda's kids win the first round :D
Mon 26/05/03 at 00:09
Regular
The Magic Cannon just allows you to use offensive magic in ship battles.
Sun 25/05/03 at 23:54
Regular
Lipe wrote:
> Edgy is burnout 2 better than number 1?

Aye
Sun 25/05/03 at 17:21
Regular
I used the very first one on the Little Jack, just to see what it does, but, thanks to the manual, I knew I was getting another ship with some craazed pirate dude later on, so I left the second one alone.

Oh, and, does the magic cannon just allow you to use magic against enemy ships or is it an actual cannon.

Hmmm, I should have tried using Eterni against the Gunship.

Damn.
Sun 25/05/03 at 17:10
Regular
Save all your Captin's Stripes.

Don't use them on the Little Jack.
Sun 25/05/03 at 17:07
Regular
That's what made me angry, it hit me with 2 weapons at the same time, causing around 8000 damage and I was still dmaged from the fight with Belleza and had only 4000 HP.

I'll defeat them both again however. Piazou or whatever wasn't that difficult once I realised her pattern of attacks and that Purple Moonstones work best on her.
Sun 25/05/03 at 16:58
Regular
Ha Ha

You beat Belleza and Piastol but then you lost to a gunship!?

pftt
Sun 25/05/03 at 16:51
Regular
NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I defeat first Moon Crystal boss.

Save game.

Fight Giga, go onto different battle with Armada Captain person, Win. FIght Angel Of Death. Win, fight Valuan Warship, die before I can fire any cannons.
Realise I haven't saved it since temple.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sat 24/05/03 at 19:19
Regular
§niper wrote:
> A proper sequel to the wind waker may be in the next e3 might be next
> christmas but we'll see.

Nah he said it would be playable next year... they could show a video this year... aka the Wind Waker.
Sat 24/05/03 at 18:00
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Yes.
Sat 24/05/03 at 17:29
Regular
Edgy is burnout 2 better than number 1?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.