GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hahah. GAME."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/05/03 at 10:20
Regular
Me: Hi, do you have Ikaruga in for the GameCube today?
GAME: Do we have Arcadia Skies?
Me: No, Ikaruga. For the GameCube.
GAME: Sorry, I can't tell you, we're a bit short on stock at the moment.

Bah.
Fri 23/05/03 at 13:56
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Oh come on, some of them must be paid on commission no?!?! What's the point of being good at retail if it doesn't pay off pfft.
Fri 23/05/03 at 13:52
"!Basement Clucking!"
if you ask a staff memebr if a games good or not then your just asking for it...
Fri 23/05/03 at 13:44
Regular
bah

i wouldn't take some dwayne dibley from game's opinion anyway, get yourself on Gamerankings.com, they have reliable reviews on there
Fri 23/05/03 at 13:42
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Borat Sagdiyev wrote:
> Unbeliever wrote:
> Luckily his supervisor wasn't around or I'd have taken it out on
> him.
>
>

*Takes Borat's sarcastic comments on the chin*

Well, yes. If a game was rubbish, I'd tell people not to buy it. That way, sales of that particular game would be down forcing developer to re-think putting a cheap cash-in on the shelves.

Anyway, their being paid a flat rate, not a sale related income so what should they care if the game is rubbish or not? In fact, by telling me the game was rubbish he could have saved himself some work.
Fri 23/05/03 at 13:36
Regular
no offence, but if you ask someone in a shop if something is good or not, do you really expect them to say "err, no, its crap that, if I were you I wouldn't bother, mate"
Fri 23/05/03 at 13:34
Regular
Unbeliever wrote:
> Luckily his supervisor wasn't around or I'd have taken it out on
> him.

Fri 23/05/03 at 13:34
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Borat Sagdiyev wrote:
> I'd say you're lucky geoff, or geoffrey didn't knock you into next
> week

Wrong, he's lucky I didn't reach over the counter and throttle the inept fool.
Fri 23/05/03 at 13:33
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
God's honest truth, I said that.

I had a load of people around me looking shocked but i was so angry at being misinformed that I thought I'd just let out my rage.

Luckily his supervisor wasn't around or I'd have taken it out on him.

I was angry at being told it was a good game. It was a blatant lie just to get another sale. I haven't been to Game since that epic encounter.
Fri 23/05/03 at 13:33
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I wish I could give GAME what they deserve. They chucked me off an X-Box pod after only 15 minutes! I wanted to play BUFFY!!! :'( Sigh oh well, I'll just go back to revising French...emmm Au-reservoir?
Fri 23/05/03 at 13:28
Regular
I'd say you're lucky geoff, or geoffrey didn't knock you into next week

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.