GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hahah. GAME."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/05/03 at 10:20
Regular
Me: Hi, do you have Ikaruga in for the GameCube today?
GAME: Do we have Arcadia Skies?
Me: No, Ikaruga. For the GameCube.
GAME: Sorry, I can't tell you, we're a bit short on stock at the moment.

Bah.
Fri 23/05/03 at 19:22
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Alter Ego wrote:
> I cant say i go to dixons that often, its next to GAME where i live

You don't happen to live in Ayr do you? I go to the GAME in Ayr and there's a Dixon's right next to it.
Fri 23/05/03 at 18:21
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> RM18 wrote:
> You got off lucky - I spoke to one employee who was adamant that the
> new Zelda was set 100 years BEFORE Ocarina.
>
> **NEWSFLASH NEWSFLASH**
> Man in computer games shop didn't actually care about the content of a
> game

That would be true if it reflected his product knowledge, but he came over to me looking at the back of the box, then proceeded to try and wow me with his product knowledge. Hence, he did care, but was thick.
Fri 23/05/03 at 17:45
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Me: Hi, do you have Ikaruga in for the GameCube today?
> GAME: Do we have Arcadia Skies?
> Me: No, Ikaruga. For the GameCube.
> GAME: Sorry, I can't tell you, we're a bit short on stock at the
> moment.
>
> Bah.

You were expecting what? a decent/valid/informative/accurate responce from a Game employee?!? ... Have you been sniffing pants again?
Fri 23/05/03 at 16:34
"!Basement Clucking!"
Edgy wrote:
> If I can remember right, it's only the managers who get bonuses for
> greater sales.
>
> When I worked for them, I always gave honest opinions. Nothing to do
> with "So the developer may rethink" crap, but because
> business is business. If you sell a crap game to someone, they're not
> going to want to shop from you again, however, if you advise a
> brilliant game, and they really enjoy it, they'll come back more.

Exactly
Fri 23/05/03 at 16:17
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
cookie monster wrote:
> Cubist wrote:
> They chucked me off an X-Box pod after only 15 minutes!
>
> The humanity.

Indeed, I may never play Buffy again :'(
Fri 23/05/03 at 16:01
Regular
If I can remember right, it's only the managers who get bonuses for greater sales.

When I worked for them, I always gave honest opinions. Nothing to do with "So the developer may rethink" crap, but because business is business. If you sell a crap game to someone, they're not going to want to shop from you again, however, if you advise a brilliant game, and they really enjoy it, they'll come back more.
Fri 23/05/03 at 15:34
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Cubist wrote:
> They chucked me off an X-Box pod after only 15 minutes!

The humanity.
Fri 23/05/03 at 14:31
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Shut up you irritating little girl Crazycol! We can't vote you and even if we could why would we want to?!?! You just fill the forums with 2 line posts with the same message. Pfft go and play with your etch-a-sketch because you shouldn't even be let near your computer.

As for the GAME thing I find the staff there very informative and pleasant even if they do try and sway you to buy a game or two. It's there job to do that kind of thing so you can't blame them for it. If you need some one to tell you whether you would like a game or not then you obviously don't want it that much anyway. If you can just make your own decisions and don't take every word of theirs as fact then you'll never have anybody to blame but yourself and chances are the amount of good games you have will go up.
Fri 23/05/03 at 14:24
" Crazy!"
Yes GAME is a stupid shop, SR is better. One of the many reasons you should vote for me. VOTE CRAZYCOL!
Fri 23/05/03 at 14:07
"!Basement Clucking!"
to be fair the staff in my local GAME store are really good, thats whay i like to go there, i always know about the games so they dont try and 'sell' me them, we just discuss them and they tend to know as much as me, alot of them own most of the games because i often drift off into talking about games ive got and they tell me what part they are on or something. True or not i always know what im looking for so i dont need to be 'bought' so to speak

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.