GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola World Cup Prediction Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/06/10 at 16:13
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Show Spoiler

The prediction schedule can be found here:
Show Spoiler

[/SPOILER]
Final League Table

User ------- Point Increase ------ Total

DAV2612 5 [b]58[/b]

Alfoncy 7 55
Butch 3 50
HM 4 48
theweirdo666 4 48
HighflyerVII 8 48
Warhunt 7 47
Dragonlance 4 46
Sonic Chris 6 43
Emmie87 0 38

pb 0 30
McLong 0 25
jubba 0 8
Machie 0 1
Page:
Tue 29/06/10 at 11:10
Regular
The reluctance to introduce technology certainly does make it easier to fix games.
Tue 29/06/10 at 10:52
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
You are right, bring in the 5th and 6th officials!

That Kaka incident annoyed me the most (even more than the disallowed goal!). With evidence that could have easily have been overruled without affecting the result of the game that was just played.
Tue 29/06/10 at 10:14
Regular
"THFC"
wow, i have dropped down the ranks a lot lately!
Tue 29/06/10 at 09:09
Regular
"And in last place.."
If FIFA don't want to adopt technology then perhaps they should consider having an official behind the goal or thereabouts to watch for incidents that the linesman and ref are incapable of spotting.

And I wish FIFA would have a review panel to dish out bans after games for all the play acting that goes on. The KaKa incident is a prime example of the sort of thing I'd like to see removed from football. The World Cup is supposedly about all the best players in the world (or at least from the nations that qualified) and half the time all we see is how well they can fool the ref.
Tue 29/06/10 at 08:14
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I just read in the Metro that FIFA are refusing to apologise for the incident. I guess 17.5m England fans, the England team, the German team and probably a few tens of millions worldwide must need their eyesight checked. With a game like that, you don't need goaline technology, there are loads of cameras watching.

In terms of other matches, Tevez was clearly offside, Kaka had a player walk into his shoulder and go down clutching his face...resulting in a booking that caused him to be sent off and that's just the tip of the iceberg. And FIFA did hope that despite the controversy that people will still enjoy the cup. How can you when there is so much controversy?

I know this is just a fact of football - being a gashead, we face decisions like this all the time. I also know it's not just Rovers fans, but several other league team fans that get similar poor decisions. I guess the reasons why the FA and FIFA refuse to have the technologies implemented and refuse to apologise are a) they don't want to be seen as making a mistake and b) making their control over match outcomes a lot more difficult.

[S]*and I accept that the reson we went out was not down the to the officials...we were bad, but it would have been slightly less embarrassing if we'd have had the extra goal on our tally...
Mon 28/06/10 at 23:03
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Dragonlance wrote:
> By way of agreeing with you Butch....did you hear Chris Waddle's
> comments, in particular about the the FA :-))
>
> Chris Waddle

Pointless ranting that has no basis in reality though.
Mon 28/06/10 at 21:46
Regular
"How Ironic"
Well I thought Milner was brilliant down the right, and I don't call it coincidence that Germany's finishing goals came after he was subbed. Although that's going to happen when you bring Ledley King and Heskey on against a team like Germany.
Mon 28/06/10 at 21:41
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Butch wrote:
> Also, stop referring to Milner as England's best player, he was
> pony. Stevie G (and maybe Cashley, James and JD) were the only
> players to leave with any dignity or half decent performances
> under their belt.

By way of agreeing with you Butch....did you hear Chris Waddle's comments, in particular about the the FA :-))

Chris Waddle
Mon 28/06/10 at 19:16
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Sonic Chris wrote:
> Would just like to ask how I've overtaken a few people with a 5
> point increase? I was 3rd to bottom last time I checked (out of
> the main table :P)

You scored more than the three you passed, simple. It's fairly tight at the bottom still.

Also, stop referring to Milner as England's best player, he was pony. Stevie G (and maybe Cashley, James and JD) were the only players to leave with any dignity or half decent performances under their belt.
Mon 28/06/10 at 17:47
Regular
"How Ironic"
Would just like to ask how I've overtaken a few people with a 5 point increase? I was 3rd to bottom last time I checked (out of the main table :P)

Oh, and I think the linesman can be partially blamed for yesterday's result. Had England gone in at half time drawing, I have no doubts the game would have been completely different. Although I think the majority of the blame has to go onto Capello's neck, what on earth was he doing yesterday?

We're 4-1 down, so he brings on Heskey in place of Defoe, when it should have been Rooney coming off really, all the while poor Crouch is still on the bench, again He takes off Milner, who, IMO, has been England's best player for the past 2 games. And despite the fact he got a goal, Upson needed to be swapped at half time. I know Carragher is slow, and most don't like him, but the German goals came from terrible positioning, not pace. Upson had no chance against Klose.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.