GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Enter the Matrix - Is it any good?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Enter the Matrix'.
Sat 24/05/03 at 18:05
Regular
I have seen so many reviews of this game, and read so many opinions. Some say its 10/10, some says its 1/10. In fact, Im a litle confussed.

I cannot think of one other game that has had such varied scores! And I just don't know if I should buy I or not. I like the movie, but am unsure about the game.

UKchatforums.com has several rooms on this game now - but on all the differant formats. So lets all join here, and decide once and for all if its a stunner or a bummer.

Because I just don't know anymore!
Fri 05/03/04 at 19:17
Regular
So?

The Matrix was still in existence after Revolutions.
Fri 05/03/04 at 19:26
"I love yo... lamp."
But the people were to be freed.
Fri 05/03/04 at 19:29
Regular
Only those who wanted to be freed. As we learn from the original and Reloaded, many people are quite happy with the illusion.
Fri 05/03/04 at 20:19
Regular
"Bicycle"
TGM Bloke wrote:
>Enter the Matrix - Is it any good?

In a nutshell, no.

But I'd watch it anyway. And I want the box set. But that's not coming out 'til the summer, according to HMV, though the official date hasn't been set yet.
Fri 05/03/04 at 20:55
Regular
Messy wrote:
> TGM Bloke wrote:
> >Enter the Matrix - Is it any good?
>
> In a nutshell, no.
>
> But I'd watch it anyway. And I want the box set. But that's not
> coming out 'til the summer, according to HMV, though the official
> date hasn't been set yet.

Enter the Matrix is not a film.

Smeg head!

Fri 05/03/04 at 20:55
Regular
ok, I'm guessing these tags are case sensative then...

Fri 05/03/04 at 20:58
"I love yo... lamp."
Maverick42 wrote:
> Only those who wanted to be freed. As we learn from the original and
> Reloaded, many people are quite happy with the illusion.

It's nothing to do with that I'm guessing. It's so they can make another sequel.
Fri 05/03/04 at 21:15
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Maverick42 wrote:
> Only those who wanted to be freed. As we learn from the original and
> Reloaded, many people are quite happy with the illusion.
>
> It's nothing to do with that I'm guessing. It's so they can make
> another sequel.

The Architect tells us in Reloaded:

"[The Oracle] gave humans a choice. Even though this choice was merely on a subconcious level, 99.9% of test subjects accepted the program. Those who did not accept the program had to be released to prevent a cataclysmic crash."

Telling us about the purpose of Morpheus and co, taking people out of the Matrix.

But the point is, when peace is achieved, the Matrix refreshes itself. Human beings are still the machine's only energy source, and so they are dependent on them for survival, so the Matrix is still needed.

Humans still have that subconcious choice to accept or refuse the Matrix program. The difference this time around, is that those who wish to live in the real world are truly freed.

"What about those that want out?"
"Obviously they shall be freed."

Meaning the humans can live in peace in Zion. No machines will come to destroy them life before, there will be a chance for humans to make a life in the real world.
Fri 05/03/04 at 21:19
"I love yo... lamp."
Yeah I did see it Mav, so you don't need to be so patronising. I got it first time around, except rather than just throwing myself head first into a philosophical debate on the meaning of it. Instead, I'll just see between the lines and see that its a set up for the sequel which several members of the cast have been approached about.
Fri 05/03/04 at 21:39
Regular
The machines couldn't have existed any other way though, that's my point.

I thought it was a nice, satisfying ending.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.