GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy Forum"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/10/01 at 14:42
Regular
The game forums are closing, so i am moving the popular FF forum here. No spamming, just 100% FF. Let's start with a question.... which of the FFs is the best?
Page:
Thu 22/11/01 at 19:45
Regular
"Back For Good"
Do you reckon Final Fantasy 11 will be different because it's completly online?
Thu 22/11/01 at 19:20
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Asher D wrote:

What is the best
> minigame from a FF game?-I think its the Snowboard game from FF7 or the FF8 card game

What is the best moment in any FF game?-When you get to that Kanyon-home of Red XIII

Which FF
> game has the best ending?-FF7 in my opinion

There, that'll keep you occupied.
Thu 22/11/01 at 16:31
Regular
i have FFX in Japanese and American now. Shame the saves don't seem to work on the Japan one... ah, welll, i understand all of it at least.
Thu 22/11/01 at 16:26
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I don't think anyone is about.

I hear the english version of the PS2 jobbie is finished, and being released in the US next month. Anyone confirm?
Thu 22/11/01 at 16:22
Regular
Come on start replying again... okay, a question....

What is the best minigame from a FF game?

What is the best moment in any FF game?

Which FF game has the best ending?

There, that'll keep you occupied.
Sat 17/11/01 at 12:05
I don't agree with Cowboy Dave
Thu 15/11/01 at 16:28
Regular
Cowboy Dave wrote:
> Let me know if anyone
> agrees!

Well, it's been two days and still not a word. Sorry, mate.
Tue 13/11/01 at 19:52
I have to disagree.

Sure, all the games have their good points, let me take a little time to explain my view... (if you can be bothered)

FF9 was a really enjoyable experience, it was a lot simpler than the previous games but it seemed to reel you in and make you keep playing. If Kuja had featured more in the plot, as Sephiroth had in FF7, then I think FF9 would've turned out to be great.
However, I want to end my comparisons there, and say that FF9 was one of the most disappointing games I have ever played in my entire life! All that hard work, slavering over a hot stove for 60 hours for such a dismal ending.
Aside from the fact that the final battles were so easy, what is the point in giving you all your health back halfway through it!? I was left with the gut-wrenching feeling that something had gone terribly wrong with my head, that I was having a bad nightmare.

There is nothing that differs more to FF9 than FF7 in my mind. Sure, the graphics aren't superb, but it has all the makings of a fine story and great gameplay.
You get launched into the action straight from the word "Go" and the story is structured in the way that whatever seems important at first, is brought down to size by much bigger and threatening troubles... a lesson that could be taught well in today's world.
It has a legendary villain, and one with such style and power that when we see him battle at the beggining of the game, we are left with our jaws on the floor. It is this omnipotent power that builds up our fears for the final battles... a non-stop struggle for survival that takes everything you've got.

Finally, FF8. I must say that with its flaws it brought the most enjoyment. The Junction system is daunting and the game may be altogether less "fun", but this is merely judging the book by its cover.
To me, FF8 was the most immersive of the Final Fantasy series. The side-quests were actually worthwhile; you needed to use your head more than your sword in battles and the satisfaction when you can see the wonderous Lionheart move take out Ultima Weapon with one hit is just blissful.
Unlike the previous games, in order to overcome the enemy, one needed to spend time and a lot of effort to bring their team up to scratch. When time hadnt been taken to train, it was this difficulty to succeed that made it so much more satisfactory when you could finally overcome the obstacles that stood in your way.
Also, even although FF8 has no defined villain, each time we defeat the current enemy, an altogether more powerful and threatening one appears to take the throne... but there is also the common enemy, the Sorceresses and their power. The fact that you can trust nobody and it is always unclear as to who is really the enemy, you are faced with the fact, that unwillingly...
"You keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."

I hope I have been able to show my opinion, and maybe someone can make sense of what I've written.

Let me know if anyone agrees!
Tue 13/11/01 at 16:42
Regular
sosolidcrew_aj wrote:
> but the best game is 8 it has the best grafixs and it is not that got much
> cartoon bits

But that's what everyone likes about 7 & 9. 8 is too sensible to be fun.
Mon 12/11/01 at 17:08
Ben Hodgetts wrote:
i agree the death of aeris was a great scene and really set the plot in high gear of FF7.

It was one of, if not, the best scene in any Final Fantasy to date.

it is one of the best scenes of any game and it also gave sephiroth a bigger reputation in the game.

Yes, it made him the evil and feared character he was meant to be, If he hadn't killed Aerism it would have made Sephiroth a weaker bad guy, and all of those threats that he continuasley makes throughout the game would be nothing but hot air.

it would have been interesting though to see how the game would have unfolded if it was Cloud who was the one to kill her. now that would have been excellent.

I would disagree, Sephiroth would not have been the bad guy that he is if it wasn't for killing Aeris which meant that the later parts of the game would not have been quite as strong as they where.

how would the other characters interact with him after that? would they forgive him or not?

If Cloud killed Aeris whilst under manipulation from Sephiroth, then I think they would forgive him only because he was not responsible for his actions. The characters would probably interact with him slightly different, after all, he would have killed one of your friends.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.