GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've got Socom"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'SOCOM: US Navy Seals'.
Wed 11/06/03 at 09:49
Regular
It arrived this morning, sadly no TMB online + adapter yet but I am not bothered. I have just com[;eted the firstlevel on Socom with overall grade of D. I love tapping circlethen team then regroup.

I ordered the cables for the adapter last night, got next day delivery, so hopefully, and I mean hopefully it will get shipped today and arrive tomorow with TMB Online + adapter.

Socom is amazing in single player.

FantasyMeister is there a friends list?
Wed 11/06/03 at 14:52
Regular
"  "
Darwock wrote:
> My advice would be... don't select NTL as your provider. Do it
> manually. If you select NTL it will probably tell the PS2 to use the
> IP address of their broadband service (which you aren't connected to
> if I remember right).
>
> When you set it up manually try saying DNS server is decided
> automatically.

Isn't it the ntl server it is trying to connect to though, and the PC is just a bypass. You could be right though.
Wed 11/06/03 at 14:48
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
My advice would be... don't select NTL as your provider. Do it manually. If you select NTL it will probably tell the PS2 to use the IP address of their broadband service (which you aren't connected to if I remember right).

When you set it up manually try saying DNS server is decided automatically.
Wed 11/06/03 at 14:45
Regular
"  "
You couldn't explain how to do that, could you please? Are you on MSN?

Also, I have established this.

-Dropped Firewall, no difference.

-Definately getting a connection as the lights on the back of the adapter are on. (Well, one is flashing)
Wed 11/06/03 at 14:30
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Try redoing your dns settings like that post on the other Network Gaming forum says.
Wed 11/06/03 at 14:27
Regular
"  "
I can't get into Central Station. And on SOCOM, it says that the connection was found, but when I try to log into the SOCOM server in the lobby, it says that I can't connect to it. :(
Wed 11/06/03 at 14:25
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
If I were you I'd forget all about the test. The test should be if you can play SOCOM or not. I don't even know what lights you are talking about cos I never bothered with that part of the NA disc.
Wed 11/06/03 at 14:24
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Hang on, I thought you couldn't get into Central Station?
Wed 11/06/03 at 14:24
Regular
"  "
Ah, this is really annoying me now. I have no clue about this. Read those guides on PLaystaion.com and nothing. All I need to know is what each light in the test means then i could pin point the problem. :@
Wed 11/06/03 at 14:21
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
That's the virtual keyboard you use to 'type' in your registration details when you register on Central Station, reserver your gamer handle, put in your address details for future updates and demo discs etc.

I used it when I registered yesterday, I should have tried just plugging in a USB keyboard and trying that instead, it would've been a lot quicker.
Wed 11/06/03 at 14:19
Regular
"  "
I could try that thanks. Quick question, when you go to central station, whats all that keyboared stuff that appears when you press L1?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.