GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Guess And Win Upcoming Website."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/05/10 at 21:47
Regular
Hello everyone.

I am going to talk to you about an upcoming site which I will own and how you will be able to win product/prizes for free.
The site is not up yet as I am still designing the layout and how it will work. There are no catches.

How it works?
You have to guess a number between (Example: 0-50) Depending on the cost of the prize/product, we have not yet figured out a Cost/Number ratio but when we do you'll be sure to check it out on our site.
You have 1 guess and after that has gone you have to earn your guesses.

How to earn your guesses?
You can do this by referring 3 or 5 friends to our site and when 3 or 5 of them guess you get an extra guess upon the prize/product.
(We're still deciding if it should be 3 people to have to refer to get an extra guess, or 5. Suggestions?)

This is a UK Site, we only ship to uk, we DO NOT ship oversea for obvious reason the cost would be too much.

What can you win?
Well anything really, a £5 / £10 / £20 top up for your phone (Any Network) A Game for any console, your suggestions here would be very greatful for us to realize what various people want/need. Oh did I also mention cash?

Please follow us on the links below.

http://www.youtube.com/user/GuessTheNumberAndWin -- Subscribe! -- [ You'll need a Youtube account ]
http://twitter.com/GuessTheNumber -- Follow us -- [ You'll need a Twitter account ]

Please suggest ideas on what prizes/products we should give away.
Thank you for reading and hope to hear from you :)
Tue 18/05/10 at 17:41
Regular
Wow thank you all for the replies, ofcourse the surveys will make people want to leave my site but thats the risk i'm willing to take, I want to pick the most easiest simplist surveys possible, you can even create a spam email just for my site, I don't want to waste your time and I certainly wouldnt be wasted my time replying and even bookmarking this site. I want my visitors to realize this is the real deal and it's THAT easy to win something ofcourse you will have to face a survey to take a guess at winning the prize or product that I give away.

Also; may I ask what you guys would like to see given away on the site; please start off low because the site is brand new and wont be getting much views upon release, that's why I created the referrel system.. I hope my site is a big hit.. Please suggest products/prizes to let me know what everyone is interested in; Make sure they're below £30. :)
Tue 18/05/10 at 17:05
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I invented sliced bread, got told it wouldnt work though.
Tue 18/05/10 at 16:44
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Warhunt wrote:
> Dubious at best, so I won't be going near. But you never know
> guys. You think people believe a word I'm saying when I say
> Freeola give free stuff away twice a week??? But we do.

I wasn't dubious and got overly excited when I won my first SR GAD. My stepdad was as he thought it was just a pop-up window. But as I knew I had entered, I knew I had won something.

Reminds me - I came for the GADs and now stuck here to the forum, getting roped on to InstantPro.

For me, I don't think I'll take part in the original poster's site, although wish him all the luck if he does pursue it further. I always wanted a page of adverts, but got told by everyone it wouldn't work. A year later and a student it did and earned a million in a few weeks. I guess if you think something might work, you have to give it a shot - least that way you know (but it is worth listening to the advice others give though...)
Tue 18/05/10 at 16:03
Regular
"THIS IS SPARTA!"
O__o
Tue 18/05/10 at 15:04
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Garin wrote:

> I hadnt even thought of that. Still, gratifying to know you
> remembered. ;-)

Haha I remember all sorts of weird things, but ask me to remember that someone called and left a message for my fiance?? Too much :(
Tue 18/05/10 at 14:37
Regular
"How Ironic"
Even I remember that debate... Was interesting, but very annoying.

*EDIT* And the being 'half-correct' debate, that was a pain in the rear regions.
Tue 18/05/10 at 14:31
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Warhunt wrote:
> Are you going to bring up the debate about the word free again?
> If so, I'm not really interested :P

I hadnt even thought of that. Still, gratifying to know you remembered. ;-)
Tue 18/05/10 at 14:19
Regular
"How Ironic"
I honestly thought that Freeola was a sort of scam when I first joined, sounded too good to be true. Then when I recieved my first game, I was shocked. Just wasn't expecting anything to turn up, and if it did, it would only be the game case or something :P
Over a year on, and I'm having a fantastic time here.

So it does prove that preconceptions can be wrong. But the difference is, Freeola requires you to put in a certain amount of effort. There are no catches; you do have to give them your address and email, but you don't recieve any spam through mail or email. I'm sure you could say your scheme hopes to achieve the same sort of system, but filling out surveys? As soon as you have to do a survey, people are instantly going to be dubious about your site.
Tue 18/05/10 at 14:17
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Are you going to bring up the debate about the word free again? If so, I'm not really interested :P
Tue 18/05/10 at 13:48
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Warhunt wrote:
> You think people believe a word I'm saying when I say
> Freeola give free stuff away twice a week???

I dont believe you!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.