GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Guess And Win Upcoming Website."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/05/10 at 21:47
Regular
Hello everyone.

I am going to talk to you about an upcoming site which I will own and how you will be able to win product/prizes for free.
The site is not up yet as I am still designing the layout and how it will work. There are no catches.

How it works?
You have to guess a number between (Example: 0-50) Depending on the cost of the prize/product, we have not yet figured out a Cost/Number ratio but when we do you'll be sure to check it out on our site.
You have 1 guess and after that has gone you have to earn your guesses.

How to earn your guesses?
You can do this by referring 3 or 5 friends to our site and when 3 or 5 of them guess you get an extra guess upon the prize/product.
(We're still deciding if it should be 3 people to have to refer to get an extra guess, or 5. Suggestions?)

This is a UK Site, we only ship to uk, we DO NOT ship oversea for obvious reason the cost would be too much.

What can you win?
Well anything really, a £5 / £10 / £20 top up for your phone (Any Network) A Game for any console, your suggestions here would be very greatful for us to realize what various people want/need. Oh did I also mention cash?

Please follow us on the links below.

http://www.youtube.com/user/GuessTheNumberAndWin -- Subscribe! -- [ You'll need a Youtube account ]
http://twitter.com/GuessTheNumber -- Follow us -- [ You'll need a Twitter account ]

Please suggest ideas on what prizes/products we should give away.
Thank you for reading and hope to hear from you :)
Wed 15/09/10 at 12:08
Regular
"THE HALOANATOR :D"
I think credit straight into a winners bank account or free runescape, xbox live or ps3 network would be good and easy.
Wed 26/05/10 at 04:21
Regular
Hi Garin, the site / design / method - is pretty simple. I don't want to throw in random colours just to suit your needs. Did you expect a professional website to come from the ground? Ofcourse I will be upgrading the looks and basically the whole site itself..
Wed 26/05/10 at 03:46
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
After all the discussion, disappointing to find the site is a simple insecure open source guess the number game thats not even been modified to at least make it look more presentable.

I think your path to riches is going to be a long one.
Wed 26/05/10 at 01:51
Regular
My website is now up. http://www.guessandwin.co.uk You will have to take a survey before being able to take a guess on my site, you wont have to do the survey again if you visit my website until next month and the winners are called.

I will be making a new thread, so please check that out.
Wed 19/05/10 at 23:24
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Naggers?

Sorry, what was the point of your post?
Wed 19/05/10 at 22:24
Regular
"8==="
Naggers?
Wed 19/05/10 at 14:12
Regular
Thanks guys for the suggestions, I have already taken into account about the postage costs etc, people will be more attracted and determined to win something if the prize is bigger.. So we'll see how it turns out :)
Wed 19/05/10 at 13:53
Regular
"How Ironic"
I agree with Emmie, a voucher will allow you to just use email to send it to people, thus cutting out any postage costs, and saving you money, ideal for a starting company.
Wed 19/05/10 at 10:10
Regular
"THFC"
Very true Garin, so i would stick with the broader options like a PLAY voucher or something, has a wide range of products and appeals to most people
Wed 19/05/10 at 05:19
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
GuessAndWin wrote:
> Can you please go into more detail, maybe I have missed
> something out.. I also have already planned out what costs i'll
> have to pay shipping products out to people.

There isnt an awful lot of detail to go into. Monetary prizes will have the broadest appeal. If you give away say a console game, obviously its only going to have limited appeal. You cant afford limited appeal when starting out. Statement of the obvious really.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.