GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You don't believe in God? Then no Christmas presents for you!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/04/07 at 19:36
Regular
YouTube

Sorry I couldnt bleep the swearing, so please don't be offended

My parents handled it a lot better =) and I still get to have christmas presents ^^

I don't think going to church every week is suddenly going to change his mind. I wonder how she would have reacted, had he told her he was gay. =)
Fri 13/04/07 at 16:04
Regular
Nin wrote:

> Atheism is a flat-out denial of god or even the possibilty,
> even if proof existed. It's not "I dont believe in
> god" it's "There is absolutely no chance". Thats
> why i cant stand them, they're as narrow-minded as the religious
> zealots.

That's not what I believe, and it's not what I was saying.

Religious fanatics don't just encourage their belief; they spew it around wholeheartedly at all times and justify it however unlikely it may be, trying to influence others with their beliefs.

Now, I agree in that a more extreme Atheist may completely deny any proof to the contrary, however, 'ordinary' Atheists, much like ordinary Christians do not encourage a flat-out, at all times relevant slew of beliefs. I am only saying that from what I've seen of the Bible, a lot is contradictory and needs to go a long way to convince me. I may deny certain events but I'm still open to any proof or even another interpretation which could clearly guide me in the direction of the sense of the meaning without making another section of the Bible invalid.

It's not a case of being 'narrow-minded', it's a case of reaching a conclusion about my beliefs about god from what I've seen. It's not finalised, absolutist and unquestionable; it's just the sense I can make and so my sceptical view of religion. Maybe, unlike the agnostic, the Christian or the Atheist have holed themselves in, one way or another, by aligning themselves with a belief; but that does not mean that I would not change by belief to one of acceptance if some form of evidence was found. When I say this, I don't mean the unrealistic absolute proof of God, I just mean something which does not contradict itself. For me, I find Roman mythology a logical belief to follow, and it's one I can understand as it's what was available at the time. In the same way I believe this about Christianity.

Everyone has a right to their beliefs, in my view, and as such I have and will never shout any pro-religious speaker down or even try and influence a believer. They are unlikely to change their beliefs in the face of inconclusive evidence in the same way an Atheist is unlikely to. That's what a strong belief is. A lifetime of going through what a person feels is true to them and makes the most sense, together with their background and upbringing is unlikely to be changed by other's words without sufficient evidence.
Fri 13/04/07 at 15:45
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Sibs wrote:

> Absence of belief and all-out denial are not the same. One is
> saying I don't happen to believe in God, another is saying God
> does not exist. Some Christians will say they 'know' God exists,
> others simply say they believe in God.

Excellent point here I believe in God but cannot say that He exists for sure, however I know some quite religious people who when they are praying believe they are actually talking to God wherever He may be.
Thu 12/04/07 at 11:17
Regular
"lets go back"
I think she'd seen Star Wars once too many times.
Wed 11/04/07 at 21:43
Regular
Dammit, I got here too late. It's all been said.

I weep.

*Weeps*

Ah will not have any dark-sided people on mah forum.
Wed 11/04/07 at 14:09
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Nin wrote:
> This is exactly what i meant by what i said.
> Atheism is a flat-out denial of god or even the possibilty,
> even if proof existed. It's not "I dont believe in
> god" it's "There is absolutely no chance". Thats
> why i cant stand them, they're as narrow-minded as the religious
> zealots.

Erm, I did have a quick look at the wikipedia definition of 'Atheist' and it didn't seem to say anything about flat-out denial of a God...

"Atheism entails the absence of belief in the existence of God or other deities."
(But then it hints that 'atheism' is interpreted in many different ways, so meh)

Absence of belief and all-out denial are not the same. One is saying I don't happen to believe in God, another is saying God does not exist. Some Christians will say they 'know' God exists, others simply say they believe in God.

Anyway, regardless of any 'strict' definition, most people simply choose to label themselves atheist when they have no religious views, ie. they don't believe in any particular religion and don't necessarily believe a God exists. That's not a 'denial' that a God could exist. I think you'll find a great deal of people who call themselves athiests are open to the suggestion that there could be a God, and to write off everyone who says they're athiest seems rather narrow-minded - rather ironic wouldn't you say? ;)
Wed 11/04/07 at 13:23
Regular
Cycloon wrote:
> what's with all the Christian topics? ^^

We find other religions boring.
Wed 11/04/07 at 09:51
Regular
"lets go back"
I only started one.
Wed 11/04/07 at 00:49
Regular
"8==="
Easter?
Wed 11/04/07 at 00:37
Regular
"gsybe you!"
what's with all the Christian topics? ^^
Tue 10/04/07 at 22:29
Regular
What a horrible mother.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.