GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You don't believe in God? Then no Christmas presents for you!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/04/07 at 19:36
Regular
YouTube

Sorry I couldnt bleep the swearing, so please don't be offended

My parents handled it a lot better =) and I still get to have christmas presents ^^

I don't think going to church every week is suddenly going to change his mind. I wonder how she would have reacted, had he told her he was gay. =)
Sat 14/04/07 at 22:00
Regular
Well, to me, the contradictions don't lie so much within the fallibility of the stories used to illustrate each point, but instead much of the surrounding justifications.

Take the idea of a benevolent (all-loving) God for example. This God loves all his creation, apparently, and is also said to be omnipotent (all-powerful) and omniscient (all-knowing), yet; he does not intervene to save people in suffering and need. An example of this could be within the Holocaust, where many millions of Jews lost their lives. Now, yes, some may argue it's a 'test of faith', which, it obviously was. But, how many millions needed to be tested? I mean fair enough certain events 'teach' mankind a lesson but did so many need to be sacrificed for this end? The idea of original sin, from the Fall of Adam & Eve is an important part of suffering, obviously, as they are blamed for bringing all sin into the world. However, surely some fault can then in turn be placed onto God for creating man with the capability of evil.

The cruelty of nature, too, with a desperate struggle for survival and the resort to animals killing each other do not suggest a 'perfect world' designed by a creator. Although it can be argued that Creation was, rather than as detailed in the Bible, of an instant occurence, was a gradual process - which explains how the theories of Darwin can be used without being rejected. Still though, this again seems unlikely.

For me it's problems like these which have never seemed logical enough for me to believe in a God. I understand believers take the 'test of faith' argument to explain a lot of these, together with the idea of original sin, but, how much does an all-loving God need to keep testing the resolve and commitment of his people? It may be said that it's impossible to follow God's reason as we are of an inferior intellect, but being his creations, shouldn't we be able to understand the outcome, if not the 'plan'?
Sat 14/04/07 at 20:32
Regular
Geffdoff, even so I don't understand why God is allowed to break his own rules so often. He is in many ways comparable to a dictator
and I don't know why you would want to worship that kind of God.
Sat 14/04/07 at 19:06
Regular
"gsybe you!"
250,000,000 years, tectonic plates, formation of planets, YOU GET THE IDEA

this is swings and roundabouts. God did that, God did this, the proof is is that it's there and been written about. Connection? Cos I said so.
Sat 14/04/07 at 18:49
Regular
"lets go back"
Alfonse wrote:
> I know the question wasn't directed at me but I can come up with
> many contradictory moments.
>
> Example 1: Moses comes down from the mountain with his God's new
> rules.
>
> One of them is "Thou shalt not kill" Correct me if I'm
> wrong.
>
> Moses then proceeds to kill many people by throwing them off
> cliffs, pouring gold down their throats and laying the clap on
> them with rocks.

That's not a contradiction. Both events are factual. Moses wrote down the rules, then Moses broke the rules.

As for The Noah story: Noah didnt go and get the animals, God sent the animals to Noah. Granted, you'll still ask how that was possible and I dont know. Its thought by some people that there was only one huge mass of land that split up into all of the continents after Noahs time. It sounds a bit daft even to me, but I suppose that the continents do look like they fit together if squished a little bit. Try googling it and you'll probably find a picture or something.

Edit:- its on wikipedia so it must be true
Sat 14/04/07 at 15:00
Regular
I don't think that story was meant to be taken literally.
Sat 14/04/07 at 15:00
Regular
*Silently ushers Edgy out of the church*
Sat 14/04/07 at 09:05
Regular
I'm still confused about the story of Noah and his fantastic Ark.

He managed to travel to 'undiscovered' lands to get a large enough quantity of each animal to protect them from the great flood of the world.

How did he manage to protect all the freshwater fish that would have died when the salt water contaminated all freshwater bodies?
Sat 14/04/07 at 01:06
Regular
"Mooching around"
I do love the way the bible can be translated into so many differnent ways that completly contradict the way Christians and the like follow it.
Fri 13/04/07 at 20:00
Regular
I know the question wasn't directed at me but I can come up with many contradictory moments.

Example 1: Moses comes down from the mountain with his God's new rules.

One of them is "Thou shalt not kill" Correct me if I'm wrong.

Moses then proceeds to kill many people by throwing them off cliffs, pouring gold down their throats and laying the clap on them with rocks.
Fri 13/04/07 at 18:43
Regular
"lets go back"
Just out of curiosity, what is it about the Bible that you find contradictory?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.