GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gettin X-Box"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/06/03 at 14:12
Regular
I am gettin an X-Box, i reckon 2 get Burnout2 and Enter Matrix. Have heard Matrix is 2 linear is this tru. Dont advise 2 get Halo, as already got that (won as prize on TV)
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:42
Regular
Yes, but forming an opinion solely on what one magazine says and then proceeding to shove it down the throat of everyone who has has the audacity to ask whether the game is actually any good or says otherwise is just retarded.

The bloke on the BBC didn't like Metroid, does this mean I should think the same?
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:38
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> Unlike Alastair, I'm not loaded and so don't feel the need to rate
> every game I mildly enjoy a 10/10.

Erm and this isn't an exhaggeration is it? Don't talk balls. How do you know Conflict Desert Storm is better than Brute Force? Make your own opinions and not whatever GameTM tell you. Go through and read some of my reviews for SR. The ones 6-7/10 that I do actualy enjoy and then just read over the comments you just made.
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:37
Regular
I owned Conflict: DS on Xbox, but sold it because I needed cash and heard (from you, actually) that the GameCube version was a lot better. I may purchase it again, as the fact remains that it was great fun. Granted, I haven't played Brute Force - but I have read reviews to come to my conclusion; after all, is that not what they are for?

And the reason I preach about GamesTM so much is because they're so bloody excellent.
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:32
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
>Brute Force is
> flawed, and bettered by Conflict: Desert Storm.

I wouldn't call writing a review score from a magazine, your own opinion. Would you?

But then who am I to argue.
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:28
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> No wonder he doesn't like the bloody Xbox. Every game I say is
> "average at best". Games likes Oddworld, Amped, Midtown
> Madness etc he just either goes by GamesTM or says the demo's didn't
> interest him. Ah well who am I to care, I aren't the one missing out
> on some truly great games.

Biggest load of crap I've read in a while. Must you exaggerate and/or misinterpret everything I say when you get a little worked up?
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:26
Regular
What, I'm not allowed to have opinions?

I like the look of Midnight Club 2, as it seems a Burnout style game centered around speed and fun. Midtown Madness 3 could be good, but I very much doubt it's worthy of AAA status; the screenshots look less than impressive. Could be wrong on that one though. Brute Force is flawed, and bettered by Conflict: Desert Storm.

Unlike Alastair, I'm not loaded and so don't feel the need to rate every game I mildly enjoy a 10/10. I'm ruthless because I have to be, supporting three consoles and a PC, and seeing as this guy is getting an Xbox I'm giving some advice on what's really worth spending his money on.
Mon 23/06/03 at 17:21
Regular
"8==="
Maverick42 wrote:
> Well Brute Force is average at best, and Midtown Madness 3 doesn't
> look anything to shout about. 'Spose Midnight Club 2 looks alright.

That's funny. I'd say MC2 looks the worst. Midtown Madness is going to rock on live and Brute Force force is an excellent game. The unlockable characters, squad based deathmatch and different ways you can attempt, and complete, a level are excellent examples of why this game is tremendous.
Mon 23/06/03 at 12:16
Regular
No wonder he doesn't like the bloody Xbox. Every game I say is "average at best". Games likes Oddworld, Amped, Midtown Madness etc he just either goes by GamesTM or says the demo's didn't interest him. Ah well who am I to care, I aren't the one missing out on some truly great games.
Mon 23/06/03 at 11:56
Regular
Mav doesn't like the look of anything unless it's inserted rectally and needs lubricants to get the full value.
Mon 23/06/03 at 11:53
Regular
Pfft Mav.

Midtown Madness 3 looks awesome.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.