GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gettin X-Box"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/06/03 at 14:12
Regular
I am gettin an X-Box, i reckon 2 get Burnout2 and Enter Matrix. Have heard Matrix is 2 linear is this tru. Dont advise 2 get Halo, as already got that (won as prize on TV)
Tue 24/06/03 at 18:48
Regular
"8==="
Worst review for a good game I ever saw was for Hexen 64. IGN just said how poor the graphics were and left it at that. They forgot to mentionthe 4 player co-operative mode (a mode unseen on the 64 for a long time afterwards) and that the level design and wealth of different items made for excellent deathmatches. Best hand to hand combat system I've seen in an FPS game too.
Tue 24/06/03 at 18:28
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Personally, I fear that, now success is dawning, Games TM is becoming Edge Mark 2 - a magazine of whiny depressing journalists with little perspective and interest in actually playing games and having fun doing so.

Admittedly they got Enter The Matrix spot on, but it's success suggests that those who agree were in the minority, and with Brtue Force - the games is now the fastest selling game in the USA - the same can be said, it deserves a minimum of 7.
Tue 24/06/03 at 17:58
Regular
"8==="
Brute force does have the Halo engine and a sizeable deathmatch + squad death match over C:DS.
Mon 23/06/03 at 23:49
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I think Brute Firce looks far better than CDS. I've had a lend of the latter for a few weeks too.
Mon 23/06/03 at 21:06
Regular
You can rent online and sometimes that 20 minute drive can save you 30 + gold coins. I rented Blade 2 because I was dubious about how it would turn out, especially considering how appauling the first was. The results were pleasantly suprising and although it doesn't quite reach the 'Good' barrier I enjoyed what was on offer.
Mon 23/06/03 at 21:03
Regular
Apart from the ones I actually do get to rent/buy, of course :D
Mon 23/06/03 at 21:03
Regular
Platform games are pick up and play; they have little depth. A demo is perfect to get a feel for the certain title. I'd rent everything if I could, but the nearest place to do that is a twenty-minute drive away - so it's inconvenient.

You may think it's stupid; but that's just how I form my opinions on games - I read reviews and play demos.
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:49
Regular
So basically if you think you might not like a game and GamesTM say avoid at all costs then you follow their judgement? You said earlier you won't loaded so you don't buy that many games. There is a funny system called the rental system which actually allows you to try the games for 1 tenth of the games price. I can guarentee now that if you like platform games you would mind Oddworld fun at the very least. One of my favourite platform games of all time and I am sure for a platform gaming fan that you would enjoy what is on offer. Forget the demo, you get to play it for about 10 sodding minutes and even then you haven't skimmed the surface of the game.
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:48
Regular
"8==="
I own C:DS AND Brute Force.

Brute Force is Jet Force Gemini + Halo + C:DS

C:DS is more of a Tom Clancy thing.

They're both good but Brute Force is still vastly different despite some basic similarities to C:DS.

As I've said elsewhere: Rent it. You'll be doing yourself a favour.
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:45
Regular
I trust what I read, as the focus in GamesTM reviews is mainly on a description and analysis of the game - rather than opinionated drivel. I have also skimmed through OXM's review.

As I said in the other topic, saying that I force this down the throats of others is completely exaggerated.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.