GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gettin X-Box"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/06/03 at 14:12
Regular
I am gettin an X-Box, i reckon 2 get Burnout2 and Enter Matrix. Have heard Matrix is 2 linear is this tru. Dont advise 2 get Halo, as already got that (won as prize on TV)
Tue 22/07/03 at 16:44
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
nobody sane
Wed 25/06/03 at 23:00
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Halo is 'broken' in many ways.
>
>
> If they did not fix it's faults for the sequel I would laugh at
> Bungie, Microsoft and everyone who bought it.

I think the overall point of their article was this is Halo, but with the flaws ironed out, improved graphics and a new story. But, as they rightly point out, who's complaining?
Wed 25/06/03 at 21:12
Regular
"8==="
i'm playing it on 'standard' so I cannot comment on how it competes with Halo's 'legendary' mode. Although I do tend to run out of ammo just on BF's standard mode so....
Wed 25/06/03 at 21:11
Regular
"8==="
Run and gun? Yes and no. It's very open ended. I usually go in and do as much damage with a sniper as possible then bring in the heavies to mop up. But to be honest it really depends on how you want to play it. Some bits are really not good for 'run and gun'. Enemy grenades will take out a few team members if your not careful and fire hounds can be lethal against a whole group!
Wed 25/06/03 at 21:07
Regular
I used a great deal of tactics in Halo on Legendary. You simply can not survive without using every advantage you have. Not too sure about Brute Force though! What are the objectives like? Is it just a simple run and gun style or does it go any deeper?
Wed 25/06/03 at 21:04
Regular
"8==="
It's all about tactics for me. Halo has a nice freedom on how to tackle situations (even more so in co-op). This is also why I like Brute Force so much (4 player co-op too!).
Wed 25/06/03 at 20:58
Regular
Halo is no more borken than any other 1st rate FPS game. Its un-original, some indoor sections are the same and puzzles are kept to an absolute minimum. Thats what I have grown to expect from FPS games and thats why I enjoy them so much because I know what to expect from them. Sort out some of the repetitive indoor sections but keep the same formula and you are looking at another blockbuster title that will be perfect for my requirements. Whether you agree with this or not doesn't really effect me because at the end of the day I know that I will enjoy what will most likely end up as my favourite FPS of all time.
Wed 25/06/03 at 20:47
Regular
"8==="
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Halo is 'broken' in many ways.

Hmm yes. Two halves. Main game and Multi.
>
> If they did not fix it's faults for the sequel I would laugh at
> Bungie, Microsoft and everyone who bought it.

Yes fix the benchmark game.
Wed 25/06/03 at 20:39
Regular
Halo is 'broken' in many ways.

If they did not fix it's faults for the sequel I would laugh at Bungie, Microsoft and everyone who bought it.
Wed 25/06/03 at 20:14
Regular
"8==="
If it ain't broke don't fix it. Especially if it's an incredible falgship game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.