GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No one will buy it!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/10/01 at 10:58
Regular
I liked the look of x-box. But I am massively annoyed at how greedy and stupid Microsoft are....

If the x-box costs £299 in the UK, $299 in the US...
Then it will fail. Europeans have had enough of being screwed - especially be greedy American giants Microsoft. £45 a game - you must be joking. I won't pay more than £35. You could buy 5 second hand quality PS titles for each x-box one... And consumers (everyday people that walk into GAME) will know that by looking at the shelves infront of them.
2 x-box games, and you could BUY a PS1 with a game or 2!!! Imagine what you could do with £300! Buy a PS1 and every classic available!
The x-box is a console being sold at a PC price. It's doomed.
Yes, the Playstation 2 cost that amount at launch, I even bough my original PS for £300 many years ago. The difference is that when they were launched they were the only option in the market that could provide consumers with the games they needed/wanted. Now the PS2 and gamecube (both at £199) will be in the shops alongside it!
NO-ONE WILL BUY THE X-BOX!! They have no idea about the UK market. They are insulting us with this price. Whay does the x-box offer over the other consoles? A couple of exclusive titles and more polygons per second??
They can go shove Abe's Odessey up BG's behind!
Sat 20/10/01 at 16:06
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
Weird wonder wrote:
> My future game is gotta be Super smash Bros Meele that's why I'm gettin' a
> Gamecube.

Me too. I saw my first gamecube today, along with luigis mansion!
Sat 20/10/01 at 10:38
Regular
""
My future game is gotta be Super smash Bros Meele that's why I'm gettin' a Gamecube.
Sat 20/10/01 at 10:36
Regular
I wish the Xbox would just disappear, but my 3 favourite game series are coming out on Xbox - i.e. Crazy Taxi Next, Jet Set Radio Future, Shenmue 2,3,4,5? - I wanna buy a GameCube, but I also wanna play the above games....
Sat 20/10/01 at 10:36
Regular
""
I'm gonna get GTA3 for my PC when it comes out on PC and it will. Superb. I can't wait to bash someone in with a Baseball bat.
Sat 20/10/01 at 10:30
Regular
i have got a PS2 and i am waiting for GTA3 to come out next friday i hope and SSX Tricky and Smackdown3
Sat 20/10/01 at 10:28
I'm gonna get X-Box. What are the official prices?
Sat 20/10/01 at 10:25
Regular
""
I'm getting a GC just because the it's cheaper than the X-box and it's made by Ninty but that's another reason.
Sat 20/10/01 at 09:37
Regular
The x-box is a console being sold at a PC price?

please tell me where you can get a good PC for that price my mum payed £1199 last month for the one i am on now so there is a BIG difference
Sat 20/10/01 at 08:58
Regular
""
Doesn't that remind you of sommat called the N64. Really expensive consle and games.
Sat 20/10/01 at 00:52
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I admit that when I heard Sega Signing up, I was more interested in the X-Box than I was, but still probably won't get one.... not in 2002 at least. But I don't recon it will fail, and I hope it doesn't .... Microsoft may pass the costs back onto their other producs.... *AARRHHH*

Well, all I can say is, we'll have to wait and see.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.